Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

8 hours ago, Tuna said:

I have had genuine fallings out about this butter situation. Kills me that people keep it in the fridge. Eggs too. They're not in the fridge in Morrisons for fucks sake. 

Ah. Now. Eggs.

We don't eat them quick enough so they go in the fridge. They last for months in the fridge - I'm not willing to test that with left out eggs. If we ate them more often then they would be left out.

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Don't trust supermarkets' advice on putting things on the fridge.  I had to suffer through some tasteless pears because Mrs Two Hats followed the instructions to "Keep in the fridge for extra freshness".  Keep in the fridge for complete tastelessness more like.

Yes, nothing annoys me more than grabbing a supermarket sandwhich from a chiller colder then a polar bears knackers. It guarantees it will be absolutely tastelsss. Chilled is good for Beer and soft drinks, but kills any flavour in food.

Having inadvertently started the snowball affect of strange food related storage options I feel it's my place to get on my knees and beg for a poster release.

So Emily, chances are you or other members of the festival team read this forum so please put an end to this spiralling in to deeper weirdness.

Poster please.

My husbands mate who lives alone buys a loaf then splits it into freezer bags of however many slices he uses a day, then takes one pack out the freezer each night for the next day. Mind you he is as tight as a ducks arse in every way.

And Mr Slash's hat puts his chocolate in the goddamn freezer. I don't even like chilled water, everything at room temp - bar ice cream and milk.

Edited by slash's hat

5 minutes ago, slash's hat said:

My husbands mate who lives alone buys a loaf then splits it into freezer bags of however many slices he uses a day, then takes one pack out the freezer each night for the next day. Mind you he is as tight as a ducks arse in every way.

And Mr Slash's hat puts his chocolate in the goddamn freezer. I don't even like chilled water, everything at room temp - bar ice cream and milk.

Surely Freezer bags will cost more than a loaf of bread! He must go through hundreds.

Chirst.... can we have the lineup poster now please. 

28 minutes ago, sisco said:

Surely Freezer bags will cost more than a loaf of bread! He must go through hundreds.

Chirst.... can we have the lineup poster now please. 

I put my sliced loaf in the freezer in the bag and just take a slice when i need it. Lord knows why he has to split it up in to sandwich bags, pure madness, madder than the turn this thread has taken!

Every morning i wake up and eagerly check my phone for a poster announcement and the longer this goes on the more it feels like it will never happen. Perhaps this is the twilight zone and it will never drop, we're all stuck in a festival groundhog day type situation. :(

11 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Noone is understanding me today. Re-read your post, but pretend you've got my filthy mind. I was all excited at that time in a mornign with you discussing reacharounds and the like. 

Oh right :lol: 

50 minutes ago, slash's hat said:

School used to do us frozen orange juice cartons at break time. So good.

3 hours ago, Untz said:

Ah. Now. Eggs.

We don't eat them quick enough so they go in the fridge. They last for months in the fridge - I'm not willing to test that with left out eggs. If we ate them more often then they would be left out.

Ah, fair enough. We rip through eggs like nobody's business so that's not a problem I've encountered yet. We'd probably lose half a shelf to eggs if they were kept in the fridge like.

11 hours ago, Zac Quinn said:

My girlfriend and my Dad both keep Coke in a cupboard by the washing machine rather than in the fridge. Insist it's just as cold that way. Dunno what that's about.

The same cupboard? Your girlfriend and your dad live together? That is some weird living arrangement. I'd be suspicious.

Dear Eavii (and the rest of you hard working lovely folk)

Please can you organise a poster release, preferably sometime soon, that is a slow reveal showing the poster inside a fridge as the door opens.

You could use the following as your caption:
"Not everything is spoilt by being in a fridge"

Thank you

Yours
A patient Glastonbury Festival Ticket Holder

I worked out the relative cost of buying and running a fridge against  the costs of the food I keep in it.  Now I just keep perishables in the garage and spend my time counting pennies by candlelight.

I still have a freezer, but that's only to keep my trophy heads in.

9 minutes ago, elias said:

I know I shouldn't add to the fridge related madness, but......

Wine gums and fruit gums. I always keep them in the fridge to be as hard as possible.

Surely you just need to buy Sports Mixture and Midget Gems then?

The texture of Wine Gums are rank to me.