Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

2 minutes ago, Bisque said:

Sliced bread was first sold in 1928. Use a knife to jimmy a few open & whack them in.

Bang the frozen loaf on the work surface, slices will separate. Sorted.

I have no idea why we're talking toast on this thread, it's not what I came here for but I like it :)

If you're putting sauces in the fridge because you prefer the taste of them cold - fair enough. 

If you're putting them in there to keep fresh or last longer - totally pointless. 

They take fucking ages to go off due to the high vinegar content. 

Fridge cold bread is just fucking sick though. 

Sometimes I go to bed wearing a rucksack crammed full of microwave warmed bread and imagine @Scruffylovemonsteris spooning me. 

Edited by Woffy

9 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

This also doesn't take into account when you want sandwiches rather than toast. I prefer cheerios and frozen milk for breakfast anyway.

I know the sad case of the soggy microwaved sandwich bread. But if you put a fork into the toaster top where the bread goes you can pull the bread out before it gets fully toasted.

2 minutes ago, Bisque said:

I know the sad case of the soggy microwaved sandwich bread. But if you put a fork into the toaster top where the bread goes you can pull the bread out before it gets fully toasted.

Well we have a 'cancel' button if you can be bothered fiddling around to that extent. Or you can just switch it off at the wall and it pops back up automatically. But be arsed with any of that when it could've just never been frozen in the first place.

Edited by Zac Quinn

1 minute ago, Woffy said:

Toilet roll hanging against the wall or away from it (as perforated toilet roll was patented to be used)?

Away from it. What's the point in setting yourself up to have to reach all the way around and fiddle about grabbing an end you can't see when you could just have it facing you in the first place. It's not like the end of the toilet roll has eyes, it doesn't need to be prevented from watching you shit. Ridiculous.

4 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Toilet roll hanging against the wall or away from it (as perforated toilet roll was patented to be used)?

Away, you might break a nail reaching for it.

I'm off to Indonesia for a month, I think they only have long drops & hose pipes.

3 minutes ago, Bisque said:

Away, you might break a nail reaching for it.

I'm off to Indonesia for a month, I think they only have long drops & hose pipes.

When I went there was a conspicuous lack of any paper based products, and an abundance of small buckets of not quite clear water with a ladel in next to you. Was never quite sure what the ladel was for. 

Still, never saw anyone with squash in their fridge.... 

1 minute ago, TN24 said:

Hello everyone

Because of my love for music festivals I have decided to conduct my dissertation research study on motivation to attend music festivals in the UK and the impact festival design has on motivations & shaping experiences.  Please share your experiences with me by completing this short and easy questionnaire

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfOJ8yARCVCCkeO4hufGj78xXKIVh3Yy1zcyBqh3RQv249irw/viewform?usp=sf_link

Thank you in advance

Your results might be skewed here. And not in a good way

Just now, hurdy said:

When I went there was a conspicuous lack of any paper based products, and an abundance of small buckets of not quite clear water with a ladel in next to you. Was never quite sure what the ladel was for. 

Still, never saw anyone with squash in their fridge.... 

Thanks for the heads up. I will thus fill my rucksack with only bog roll & hand sanitiser. Pre-prep for Glasto I suppose.

1 hour ago, Bisque said:

It's the only chocolate I will eat & very rarely for special occasions eg Glastonbury.

Flatmates have always told me bread goes off faster when kept in the fridge.

I keep mine in the freezer as we've got an industrial Rowland Rutland toaster used in hotels etc because someone in my family owns the company.

regentsandwich2_6.jpg

Well what a small world Bisque. I used to work for them. 

I must say though, what on earth has this thread turned into! 

Edited by joeltg

1 minute ago, joeltg said:

Well what a small world Bisque. I used to work for them! 

I hope they treated you well, it was the Rutland side of the family that I'm related to. Fantastic piece of kit my toaster, looks ridiculous in a normal kitchen but always gets a reaction from visitors.