Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

10 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

No, but you do get more flavour. Chocolate is supposed to be blood temperature for perfect flavour.

Surely it's just simple to go with 'if something is in the fridge in the shop, it's in the fridge in the house'. Ergo butter is, fizzy drinks are, chocolate isn't, ketchup isn't, eggs aren't. Although bread tastes amazing when it's been in the fridge so that doesn't always work. And Aldi don't put fruit juice in the fridge before you buy it. Okay never mind. 

Edited by Zac Quinn

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

That's because it's rubbish.

I find it too sickly. Prefer your boggo Diary Milk. But as I don't eat chocolate anymore, my favourite hangover cure is a ice cold can of Dr Pepper/Cherry Coke & a cold hard bar of Toffee Crisp. An alcoholics breakfast in bed.

Edit: in fact even a half melted Toffee Crisp in the morning at Glasto is still bliss.

Edited by Bisque

Just now, Zac Quinn said:

Surely it's just simple to go with 'if something is in the fridge in the shop, it's in the fridge in the house'. Ergo butter is, fizzy drinks are, chocolate isn't, ketchup isn't, eggs aren't. Although bread tastes amazing when it's been in the fridge so that doesn't always work. Okay never mind. 

Butter butter doesn't have to be refrigerated, people have them little glass jars for it. That spread stuff that we all call butter does have to be

3 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Surely it's just simple to go with 'if something is in the fridge in the shop, it's in the fridge in the house'. Ergo butter is, dizzy drinks are, chocolate isn't, ketchup isn't, eggs aren't. Although bread tastes amazing when it's been in the fridge so that doesn't always work. Okay never mind. 

You sure about ketchup, Asda says otherwise nowadays.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/food-and-drink/news/should-keep-ketchup-fridge-supermarket-sparks-fierce-debate/

7 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Surely it's just simple to go with 'if something is in the fridge in the shop, it's in the fridge in the house'. Ergo butter is, fizzy drinks are, chocolate isn't, ketchup isn't, eggs aren't. Although bread tastes amazing when it's been in the fridge so that doesn't always work. And Aldi don't put fruit juice in the fridge before you buy it. Okay never mind. 

You're weird

7 minutes ago, evannn said:

Butter butter doesn't have to be refrigerated, people have them little glass jars for it. That spread stuff that we all call butter does have to be

Actually yeah that's a fair point, actual real butter becomes unspreadable when it's been in the fridge. Gah. 

5 minutes ago, Bisque said:

Well that's just clearly wrong. Mayo I'll grudgingly accept even though it's weird, because it's egg-based, but that's just wrong. Not as wrong as that person who apparently puts crisps in the fridge, but still wrong.

Edited by Zac Quinn

27 minutes ago, Bisque said:

1) I give the bottle a shake every so often so the cordial doesn't sink to the bottom allowing for an evenish spread of cordial to water mix as it melts.

2) Use a study plastic see through bottle to prevent cracks & leakage.

3) Add alcohol

Brilliant. Ok that's more festival related. I understand now. 

1 minute ago, Zac Quinn said:

My girlfriend and my Dad both keep Coke in a cupboard by the washing machine rather than in the fridge. Insist it's just as cold that way. Dunno what that's about.

I keep any cans that won't fit in the fridge on the floor in the bike shed (our equivalent of a garage, being in a flat), they keep relatively cold until needed in the fridge.

10 minutes ago, Bisque said:

I find it too sickly. Prefer your boggo Diary Milk. But as I don't eat chocolate anymore, my favourite hangover cure is a ice cold can of Dr Pepper/Cherry Coke & a cold hard bar of Toffee Crisp. An alcoholics breakfast in bed.

Edit: in fact even a half melted Toffee Crisp in the morning at Glasto is still bliss.

Wait - isn't Toffee Crisp chocolate?

2 minutes ago, Bisque said:

I keep any cans that won't fit in the fridge on the floor in the bike shed (our equivalent of a garage, being in a flat), they keep relatively cold until needed in the fridge.

Yeah I get that but not literally instead of being in the fridge when there's room. At the same time neither of them will touch a cider unless it's been refrigerated for at least 24 hours first. We had to go all the way to Sainsburys once just to buy some that had been in the fridge in Sainsburys, despite there being a whole bunch in the cellar, because nobody had put any of said bunch in the fridge. So annoying.

6 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Wait - isn't Toffee Crisp chocolate?

It's the only chocolate I will eat & very rarely for special occasions eg Glastonbury.

Flatmates have always told me bread goes off faster when kept in the fridge.

I keep mine in the freezer as we've got an industrial Rowland Rutland toaster used in hotels etc because someone in my family owns the company.

regentsandwich2_6.jpg

Edited by Bisque

8 minutes ago, Bisque said:

It's the only chocolate I will eat & very rarely for special occasions eg Glastonbury.

Flatmates have always told me bread goes off faster when kept in the fridge.

I keep mine in the freezer as we've got an industrial Rowland Rutland toaster used in hotels etc because someone in my family owns the company.

Cannot be dealing with frozen bread at all. Because what do you with it? Either you have to let it defrost naturally, which takes until like five hours after you wanted to eat to finish, or you put it in the microwave and it goes all hot and floppy like a rubber chocolate bar. Frozen bread and refrigerated 'real butter' when you're in a rush, the nightmare to end all nightmares. 

1 minute ago, Zac Quinn said:

Either you have to let it defrost naturally, which takes until like five hours after you wanted to eat to finish, or you put it in the microwave and it goes all hot and floppy like a rubber chocolate bar.

You can put it in the toaster frozen you know?