Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

Last year @Nobody Interesting created the MS Paint masterpiece that is @Blue Chicken, which was then followed by @Yellow Chicken. I can't remember why this happened, but I expect we were starting to get delirious waiting for the final announcement.

EDIT: I seem to remember it was something to do with hanging a chicken...can anyone else remember?

Edited by big__phil

29 minutes ago, big__phil said:

Last year @Nobody Interesting created the MS Paint masterpiece that is @Blue Chicken, which was then followed by @Yellow Chicken. I can't remember why this happened, but I expect we were starting to get delirious waiting for the final announcement.

EDIT: I seem to remember it was something to do with hanging a chicken...can anyone else remember?

I can remember :D

Yellow chicken was my second painting as some did not like the blue one.

The original hanged chicken was cos @drchickenburger told us all when the lineup would come and promised they were right. They were wrong so I had to hang a chicken cos I had promised.

1 hour ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

I've made myself a promise to stop clicking these links as that's what they want you to do. I reckon we should try to not post any links to bullshit local news websites that have just read efestivals and got it wrong. Mention you've seen it, but don't post a link here as people are naturally curious and click the link even though they know it's bollox. 

The world needs more people like you Mr Scruffy

14 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I can remember :D

Yellow chicken was my second painting as some did not like the blue one.

The original hanged chicken was cos @drchickenburger told us all when the lineup would come and promised they were right. They were wrong so I had to hang a chicken cos I had promised.

We need a chicken thingy.

all this chicken hanging talk is bringing back memories of the delirium of last year. I remember on multiple occasions lots of the threads just started to fall apart and become a breeding ground for Simpsons quotes, the Headliner thread was especially mad for a couple weeks.

Then we realized the Radiohead dream was dead and we were stuck with Muse, Adele and Coldplay and seem everyone's mood dropped :lol:

9 minutes ago, Bza said:

I don't think a single post can better encapsulate the pre-line up atmosphere on here.

Thanks for the explanation.

Next question. Who is Philipa and where can I find / avoid her van?

Don't worry - I am aware of the monorail.

Phillipa has neither confirmed or denied that she has a ticket this year....

53 minutes ago, Bza said:

I don't think a single post can better encapsulate the pre-line up atmosphere on here.

Thanks for the explanation.

Next question. Who is Philipa and where can I find / avoid her van?

Don't worry - I am aware of the monorail.

Are you in the know about the betting slip saga? 

23 minutes ago, big__phil said:

That's quite the find.

Question, if you HAD to eat that in public, without cutlery, how would you go about it?

I need an announcement.

A gentle nibble at the base, slurping up all the liquid that will pour out, followed by a good munch from the top down.

Damn we need it to come soon!!!

The announcement obviously.

Edited by Nobody Interesting