Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

Can someone reassure me that the lineup is going to be quite different than that poster?

I literally only like 3 bands on that list.  I only own albums by 1 band on the list.

It's not a bad lineup - I can see it's got some big names, some popular acts. But not for me. In fact you'd be hard pressed to come up with an  alternative list of acts that I like less.

2 minutes ago, uscore said:

Can someone reassure me that the lineup is going to be quite different than that poster?

I literally only like 3 bands on that list.  I only own albums by 1 band on the list.

It's not a bad lineup - I can see it's got some big names, some popular acts. But not for me. In fact you'd be hard pressed to come up with an  alternative list of acts that I like less.

Which bands/artists did you have in mind out of curiosity?

4 minutes ago, uscore said:

Welcome to my world. Happens to me nearly every year. In fact, I don't know why I keep coming back :)

Not a bad hit rate for me to be honest, 5 I'd actively make the effort to see and another 2 I wouldn't mind seeing.

Anyway, the poster will be about 30 to 40% right if previous years are anything to go on.

1 minute ago, uscore said:

Yep the actual poster will certainly have some different names but as others have said, there's likely to be a degree of crossover.

Maybe time to broaden your horizons though. Plenty on there to please most, whatever your musical leaning. Plus can be a good thing not to be too busy, a few acts each day is perfect for me.

12 minutes ago, uscore said:

What kind of music are you into? There's always Spotify/Youtube to help you out if you don't own the CDs. Bar extremes like classical and metal, thought there was abit of something for everyone

Yeah, as others have said, turn any indifference into something positive. In the last two years I've got into the following acts (who I'd never really listened to before) due to them appearing on the poster: 

Wolf Alice. Circa Waves. Peace. Caribou. Run the Jewels. Ben Howard. Vince Staples. Explosions in the Sky. Ezra Furman. Kurt Vile. Bat For Lashes. 

And that's just from the first posters. One of my favourite things about poster day is checking out the bands I've not heard of/never listened to. 

Edited by SwedgeAntilles

27 minutes ago, OBface said:

Yep the actual poster will certainly have some different names but as others have said, there's likely to be a degree of crossover.

Maybe time to broaden your horizons though. Plenty on there to please most, whatever your musical leaning. Plus can be a good thing not to be too busy, a few acts each day is perfect for me.

I'm quite into music; I know most of the bands on that list.  I spend most days scouring for new music through spotify.  As soon as the real poster drops it won't take long for me to be familiar with most of the acts!   Hopefully I'll discover a few new bands on the way.  But it's nice to have a few familiar big names to enjoy too.

5 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

What the fuck happened to the quality? It's only gone from here to their site and somehow they've managed to make it look like they had to take a snap of it over the shoulder of Michael Eavis on his phone from about a mile away

14 minutes ago, jparx said:

That's amazing. I'd like to think they are trolling us, but I think they are actually that incompetent. 

17 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Utterly embarrassing. 

What makes it worse is the fact the poster has those dates on- 24-26 June and then in the article they mention the festival takes place 22-25 June. Totally lazy journalism.