Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

7 minutes ago, evannn said:

Is there a Spotify (other streaming services are available) playlist for Glastonbury? Could just listen to that and insert some shit patter in between songs to make your own radio announcement

4 minutes ago, The Clearest Blue said:

I really hope we get it before the 30th, I'm off on me jollies and I would love to have a Glastonbury playlist to listen to whilst I whistle around on a Sri Lankan train!

4 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Calling @Brave Sir Robin. Sorry, I'd post the link myself, but I don't have it.

https://open.spotify.com/user/richardmunden/playlist/41XJxDvBKqLsOLYx2WSpd0

I hope this works

Just now, mufcok said:

Yeah been a few times, can't get enough of the place. Richard Ashcroft is there on the Monday as well which was a nice bonus 

Only once for me, I'd like to return the week after thanksgiving but bank account says no atm haha. You going to see him? Never been Orlando myself.

6 minutes ago, The Clearest Blue said:

I really hope we get it before the 30th, I'm off on me jollies and I would love to have a Glastonbury playlist to listen to whilst I whistle around on a Sri Lankan train!

Seriously though, it's a good opportunity to meet and greet the locals, so don't be just putting in your phones and switching off.

Also, you can maybe 'bribe' the driver about a fiver or so and he'll let you ride up in the cab with him.  I did it from Nanu Oya to Ella and it was a great experience.

13 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Only once for me, I'd like to return the week after thanksgiving but bank account says no atm haha. You going to see him? Never been Orlando myself.

Haha, I am yeah. Was buzzing when I saw he was playing, smallish venue as well. Yeah it's my first time in Orlando 

20 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Seriously though, it's a good opportunity to meet and greet the locals, so don't be just putting in your phones and switching off.

Also, you can maybe 'bribe' the driver about a fiver or so and he'll let you ride up in the cab with him.  I did it from Nanu Oya to Ella and it was a great experience.

That's a very good point! I have three train journeys whilst there, Colombo to Kandy. Kandy to Hattan and Galle to Colombo so plenty of time to meet some locals. Sitting up in the cab sounds amazing, but even if I don't manage to pull this off I bet the views from the normal carriages are just as spectacular!

Just now, The Clearest Blue said:

That's a very good point! I have three train journeys whilst there, Colombo to Kandy. Kandy to Hattan and Galle to Colombo so plenty of time to meet some locals. Sitting up in the cab sounds amazing, but even if I don't manage to pull this off I bet the views from the normal carriages are just as spectacular!

Yeah - it's a lush tropical paradise and no mistake.  A hot and steamy one too.  Just watch out for that monsoon - though if you're there in April you should be grand.

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yeah - it's a lush tropical paradise and no mistake.  A hot and steamy one too.  Just watch out for that monsoon - though if you're there in April you should be grand.

Yeah two weeks from the 30th March, got quite the itinerary planned so really looking forward to it, I've heard a lot of talk of this  Arrack that's made from fermented coconut so if it's as good as I've heard I can hopefully bring a bottle back for Glastonbury!

3 hours ago, evannn said:

Is there a Spotify (other streaming services are available) playlist for Glastonbury? Could just listen to that and insert some shit patter in between songs to make your own radio announcement

Ha, yes, I suppose you could just put the playlist on to get your own 'exciting radio announcement', although you'd probably have to look at the list to see who half the acts actually are.

I'll aim to have it up to date within hours of the poster dropping (subject, unfortunately, to work/real life commitments), and will post on here when it's ready.

Yeah it wouldn't really work as you'd have no idea who half the acts were and it'd take hours - they don't tend to play a song from every act on radio announcements :P Plus it has all the strongly rumoured acts on it, too.

Anyway, just got a notification of a Glasto tweet and got excited for a second. Was not a lineup, though.