Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

According to Emily, we're getting the lineup in the next 11 days... meaning that by next Friday we'll have it.

Two of our group are flying to America on Wednesday for a week, so I'm thinking Sod's law is it will either drop when they are on the plane there or on the way back! :lol: 

9 hours ago, JoBalls said:

According to Emily, we're getting the lineup in the next 11 days... meaning that by next Friday we'll have it.

Two of our group are flying to America on Wednesday for a week, so I'm thinking Sod's law is it will either drop when they are on the plane there or on the way back! :lol: 

I fly to America Saturday, the last time I went this time of year (2014) the first poster dropped mid trip.. expecting the same thing

It's actually quite a nice surprise when you go on the wifi and a new poster is just staring back at you

9 minutes ago, richroet said:

In 2013 lineup dropped day before my birthday, last year the day after. This is the year it will drop on my birthday. 

So 28th March it is

I've had three (!) first main stage lineup announcements on my birthday, but that's in mid April so I hope you're right... 

This Thursday I am in a meeting from 14:30 to 20:00. Guaranteed to come out sometime within that time slot.

There's a break at around 16:30 at which time I will check my phone and find out that it is due later that evening. I will then be completely unable to concentrate. No-one will notice any difference.

Whatever plans they had to drop the lineup might have changed today with the date of Article 50 being triggered.

I know they do not need the media coverage but 29th and 30th March will now be wall to wall brexit. I would think if they are going for March still before the 27th or on the 31st would be more likely.

2 hours ago, mufcok said:

I fly to America Saturday, the last time I went this time of year (2014) the first poster dropped mid trip.. expecting the same thing

It's actually quite a nice surprise when you go on the wifi and a new poster is just staring back at you

where are you going?, hope you don't mind spring breakers!

19 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Reason I do it is because I remember the first few festivals I went to (Leeds 2011/2012) were announced on the radio an act at a time, and I know my first couple of Glasto announcements weren't as exciting just looking at the poster all at once, so I decided to just make it as similar to that old way as possible. Sad, I know :P

Is there a Spotify (other streaming services are available) playlist for Glastonbury? Could just listen to that and insert some shit patter in between songs to make your own radio announcement