Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

35 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Dunno but someone on twitter calling it "the worst lineup of any festival".. hopefully they'll put their money where their mouth is, bung their ticket back in the pot and enjoy a bit of Rod Stewart at IOW instead.

I am always so surprised when people start saying similar, starting petitions, up in arms. 

How many Stages, artists, things to do, places to see?!

I could happily spend all of Glastonbury just roaming around talking to people.

Let them get angry, cause a scene.

And likewise, let all the people who want to see the Ginger one perform 25 of the same methodical dribble songs on his guitar.

There is no doubt,  just like Kanye, the pyramid will be rammed. We can all enjoy the space around the rest of site for a few hours :)

Edited by joeltg

On 04/03/2017 at 10:11 AM, SwedgeAntilles said:

Right, after paying homage to the Thingy this morning I'm going for first poster landing;

Date: 28.03.17

Time: 08:30

Sticking to this. Set a 'stand by your bed' alarm for 8:15 (time to nip for a morning pee beforehand).

1 hour ago, Zac Quinn said:

...goes to Channel 4! Think Ed must've paid them to outdo him, giving once-lovely Bake Off to Noel bloody Fielding. Shambles

Ah but, Mary Berry for the next Doctor Who?

2 hours ago, Zac Quinn said:

...goes to Channel 4! Think Ed must've paid them to outdo him, giving once-lovely Bake Off to Noel bloody Fielding. Shambles

I think him and Toksvig will make a good duo. They needed something different from Mel & Sue, just be grateful it's not Davina and Alan Carr.

11 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I think him and Toksvig will make a good duo. They needed something different from Mel & Sue, just be grateful it's not Davina and Alan Carr.

That's true, Fielding does my moobs in but at least he's not Alan Carr. Or Clare Balding :lol:

Edited by Zac Quinn

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

:lol:

But just as with Adele last year, we all know he'll smash it.

And, apologies for repeating what many have but...

Look at SOOOO many of the line-up announcements so far this year. They are terrible

Glastonbury have, in successive years and with their world-famous low fees, secured the World's biggest pop star and the World's biggest male pop star.

I wasn't at Adele, I won't be at the Sheeranator. But they're both fantastic for the reputation and continued mythology that surrounds Glastonbury.

And anyone who has the cojones to stand alone in front of 80 000 people at Wembley with an acoustic guitar and a bunch of loop pedals and actually have them screaming in delight, deserves at least some respect, even if his music is a pile of poo.

And stop bloody complaining. I'm taking Child 3 to Latitude in July. You know, Latitude? With MUMFORD???!!!

:)

Ben

4 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Look at SOOOO many of the line-up announcements so far this year. They are terrible

Glastonbury have, in successive years and with their world-famous low fees, secured the World's biggest pop star and the World's biggest male pop star.

I wasn't at Adele, I won't be at the Sheeranator. But they're both fantastic for the reputation and continued mythology that surrounds Glastonbury.

And anyone who has the cojones to stand alone in front of 80 000 people at Wembley with an acoustic guitar and a bunch of loop pedals and actually have them screaming in delight, deserves at least some respect, even if his music is a pile of poo.

And stop bloody complaining. I'm taking Child 3 to Latitude in July. You know, Latitude? With MUMFORD???!!!

:)

Ben

Benny 'two festivals' Haha

3 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Not forgetting they booked the world's biggest band last year too, headlining the Sunday seven days after they sold out Wembley four nights in row. I know that's slightly different because they're bordering on a Pyramid Stage house band but it's still a booking any festival on the planet would kill for. The prestige and pulling power of Glastonbury is truly unparalleled :)

Thing is with Ed, and most other pop stars these days, is they are so professional. So he'll have a solid, well practised performance. Fans will sing along, everyone will know most of the songs,  he'll make a few comments about being humbled and amazed by the crowd.

There's no way he can fail really. It's a safe sensible booking.

I really hope someone interesting is on one of the other stages at the same time 

1 minute ago, uscore said:

Thing is with Ed, and most other pop stars these days, is they are so professional. So he'll have a solid, well practised performance. Fans will sing along, everyone will know most of the songs,  he'll make a few comments about being humbled and amazed by the crowd.

There's no way he can fail really. It's a safe sensible booking.

I really hope someone interesting is on one of the other stages at the same time 

It's a safe, sensible booking that no-one else has got. It's massive. It's brilliant.

truly couldn't name a single song of his with confidence (there's one at the moment with Castle in the title...).

When he comes on I'll probably already be in the Temple at the beginning of the 7 hour session to take me to the end of my festival. 

It's still brilliant for Glastonbury.

And there are enough stages that for there not to be someone/something of interest to you means that you're not trying hard enough!

I struggle to understand why people have such a problem with, say, Ed Sheeran, but revere Dolly. She's very sweet and super novelty. But the music is no better. Not really. It's just because she has huge kitsch value!

Ben

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

It's a safe, sensible booking that no-one else has got. It's massive. It's brilliant.

truly couldn't name a single song of his with confidence (there's one at the moment with Castle in the title...).

When he comes on I'll probably already be in the Temple at the beginning of the 7 hour session to take me to the end of my festival. 

It's still brilliant for Glastonbury.

And there are enough stages that for there not to be someone/something of interest to you means that you're not trying hard enough!

I struggle to understand why people have such a problem with, say, Ed Sheeran, but revere Dolly. She's very sweet and super novelty. But the music is no better. Not really. It's just because she has huge kitsch value!

Ben

When Sheeran can write lyrics as good as "I will always love you" or "Jolene" come back to me