Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

I see that "not knowing anything til we get there" suggestion a lot and, headliners and legend aside, you could probably quite easily walk through the gates and not know who's playing until you open the programme, if you so wished. I bet some people do, but not the folk that log on to eFests imaginably. I've no idea why anyone would want to inflict that upon everybody so nobody has time to get into the acts announced but whatever. :P

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Did you trash it after last night's result?

No I kicked everyone out at the final whistle and then lay in bed eating comfort food that included mint Poppets, Ferrero Rochier collection and a family pack of Smarties.

Now it did not comfort me, my guts are fooked and my house is a shit hole.

(Fair play to Monaco though, they deserved to go through)

Edited by eastynh

2 minutes ago, eastynh said:

No I kicked everyone out at the final whistle and then lay in bed eating comfort food that included mint Poppets, Ferrero Rochier collection and a family pack of Smarties.

Now it did not comfort me, my guts are fooked and my house is a shit hole.

(Fair play to Monaco though, they deserved to go through)

If he doesn't sort out the full backs for next season I'll go mental.

/End football talk.

20 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I see that "not knowing anything til we get there" suggestion a lot and, headliners and legend aside, you could probably quite easily walk through the gates and not know who's playing until you open the programme, if you so wished. I bet some people do, but not the folk that log on to eFests imaginably. I've no idea why anyone would want to inflict that upon everybody so nobody has time to get into the acts announced but whatever. :P

Hah, yeah to be fair I'm on here every day obsessively checking rumours and cross referencing band tour schedules so perhaps not for the old 'no announcement until arrival', in fact, wtf was I thinking - I want an announcement right now :mellow:

Edited by FrancisH

16 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Two regulars of our party have no idea whose playing apart from the headliners/legend. They usually leave all the planning, painful clash decisions etc to me.  They're just glad to be there - which is a great attitude really!  Bu then again the build up is all part of the fun - isn't it????????

1 hour ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

Massive Attack - Sunday, 2014. You could heard people coughing and sneezing it was so quiet. A really dull finish to a brilliant start from Metallica Friday

You're kidding right? We were so quiet because it was a stunning set. Genuinely brilliant IMHO 

4 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Bosslar knows!

Loved that set. 

Yeah, it was fantastic. The only downside was they ran out of time so they didn't do Splitting the Atom.

simian_mobile_mushrooms was probably off his tits anyway and doesn't remember a thing from the festival as Metallica played Saturday, not Friday.

29 minutes ago, The Placid Casual said:

Yeah, it was fantastic. The only downside was they ran out of time so they didn't do Splitting the Atom.

simian_mobile_mushrooms was probably off his tits anyway and doesn't remember a thing from the festival as Metallica played Saturday, not Friday.

Off my tits? True fact. I remember now that I was at Skrillex on Fri night who was great, but honestly, we stood about centre right of the sound system, maybe a little bit further back and it all just seemed a little... meh. There were plenty of people talking, mumbling, coughing, sneezing, playing with bits of cheese and ham. General feeling of the people in the crowd near me was that a lot of people were bored. I reckon bands that rely on slow atmosphere like MA and Sigur Ros should be kept in tents only 

Edited by simian_mobile_mushrooms

4 hours ago, SPTFRE said:

With all of the publicity surrounding Sheeran's current domination of the charts, an announcement this week would be another powerful statement for the festival.

This.  I thought it was a real coup last year getting Adele (with the whole not playing festivals thing and her being basically the biggest artist on the planet at the time).  Announcing Ed right now would be perfect timing, I think.