Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

18 minutes ago, Time Being said:

Didn't Emily hint that we would get the lineup sooner this year than we have in past years? Are we not placing much value in that one comment anymore? I can't remember where the quote was from.

Yeah think that was said shortly after Radiohead were announced, and she's made comments since about the lineup coming out in March so we can't be far off.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah think that was said shortly after Radiohead were announced, and she's made comments since about the lineup coming out in March so we can't be far off.

Yeah at the NME's - "line up in march maybe a little something before" we got the food fighters announcement - so I am hopeful for it to be this month.

Maybe it's because I haven't got a ticket and so am approaching the lineup reveal with the knowledge I might not even be there but it feels surreal that we could be getting it in the next few weeks. I probably say this every year but, headliners aside, it seems like we know a lot less about who's gonna be there than usual, especially topping the main stages etc.

As much as I'm excited for the announcement it's so fucking annoying having that first poster and not even knowing whether you can get excited over individual acts due to clashes.

I remember the two big, great surprises on that first poster last year (for most of us) being Sigur Rós and Beck. I spent that whole day listening to Sigur Rós and Beck getting excited. Saw neither in the end.

Granted, I knew Sigur would probably clash with Muse, but still. I think at that time I was planning to see em instead of Muse until I got Citadel tix (I'd inevitably have gotten drunk and gone to Muse for some Dead Inside on the night instead, I know).

Back in 2015 If I remember correctly we found out the announcement date from Neil who had got the info at the emerging talent competition final.

With that in mind when is that this year and are you going @eFestivals?

Edit: Having checked it looks like the emerging talent final is 22nd April so I'm putting faith in us receiving the first poster prior to that date!

Edited by JoeyT

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

yep, tho Emily always hints at that, and stuff rarely comes sooner.

Ah yeah I was wondering if she has said that in past years, so there we have it.

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah that's what I am thinking of ... I thought it was something along the lines of 'earlier than usual in the new year'

Anyways I am sticking with some point after the emerging talent competition concert.

4 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Back in 2015 If I remember correctly we found out the announcement date from Neil who had got the info at the emerging talent competition final.

Yup this is the key right here

7 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Legends slot this week.

First poster between 31st March and 5th April.

Main poster 24th May.

I doubt it'll be as late as April for the poster.

I think you'll get Legend by the end of this week, Ed by the end of next week and the poster by the end of the follow. I don't believe it was that long between the final headline confirming last year and the first poster,

19 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I doubt it'll be as late as April for the poster.

I think you'll get Legend by the end of this week, Ed by the end of next week and the poster by the end of the follow. I don't believe it was that long between the final headline confirming last year and the first poster,

If it happens like last year that might indicate a pattern of some sort though.

#thereisnopattern

#AHTT

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

Edit: Having checked it looks like the emerging talent final is 22nd April so I'm putting faith in us receiving the first poster prior to that date!

yeah, 22nd ... and i got a big bollocking about that announcement date thing, even tho I posted to say that the guy who really knew the date told me it was wrong. :lol:

6 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Are the Ed O2 dates news to us? Perhaps these need to be announced and sell out before a festival headline announcement? Not that he'd have trouble selling it out a few times over at this rate.

Been talked to on headliner thread , my first thought was he will be announced when that sells out 

24 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Are the Ed O2 dates news to us? Perhaps these need to be announced and sell out before a festival headline announcement? Not that he'd have trouble selling it out a few times over at this rate.

To be fair, unless he's doing an extra 10 (minimum) shows at the O2 before the Festival, Glastonbury won't have any negative impact on ticket sales.

1 hour ago, Ronald Roundhouse said:

The only negative impact will be on Glastonbury Festival itself - who could possibly accuse the Eavis' of selling out when Ted The Atomic Busker is on Sunday night prime time TV. What absolute dross- I'll be down the John Pell Stage thanks very much

The Sunday night John Peel headliner, which last year was... Jake Bugg.

I'd rather have Ed Sheeran tbh.