Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

11 minutes ago, Skoo said:

I did both 2007 and 2016. I found 2016 way worse.

2007 was certainly a wet year but I coped well with it. It wasn't a fucking nightmare trying to walk anywhere.

2016 was dryer, but the mud was sticky - you couldn't just power walk through it, it would come up nearly to your knees either side of the metal trackways. Some food stands were completely inaccessible. I found it a massive pain in the arse.

will second this , it started hard work getting in from the car park .... and stayed like that through the entire festival ... perhaps the newly installed drainage has a good effect for taking the surface water away and leaving the sticky mud behind ?!

16 minutes ago, Skoo said:

2007 was certainly a wet year but I coped well with it. It wasn't a fucking nightmare trying to walk anywhere.

2016 was dryer, but the mud was sticky - you couldn't just power walk through it, it would come up nearly to your knees either side of the metal trackways. Some food stands were completely inaccessible. I found it a massive pain in the arse.

Last year's conditions meant i missed about 1/3 of what was on my itinerary (just as I had learned not to overload the itinerary, even a spread out schedule was impossible). Damn you mud. Only funny bit was sliding down the hill in The Park after Mik Artistik at the rabbit hole on fri afternoon, other than that it sucked balls. Rain falling during the festival, if it needs to at all, is fine as long as there's some respite.

25 minutes ago, Skoo said:

1998 takes the award from my memory, fucking ridiculous knee high sludge in the bar by the pyramid. We had the smallest shittest tent that we put between other and dance tent. It was just floating on mud from Friday afternoon. Every time the dance tent kicked off the tent just wobbled around due to the loudness of the bass. Check foo fighters on you tube on  the Friday night, never seen rain like that before or since. 

Edited by Purple aki squat

25 minutes ago, Skoo said:

I think this is what I have been trying to say all along, due to the weather leading up to last year the mud during was just the worst kind of mud, it seemed to stay in a perpetual sticky state, the weather leading up to it had completely waterlogged the ground but during the festival it actually didn't rain enough, when it did rain it made the mud a little bit easier to navigate, but then it would stop and the mud would turn into a sticky mess, but before it could dry beyond that awful sticky stage it rained again just enough to set it back again so it always remained a horrible sticky bog.

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I actually found the mud last year fucking hillarious

I laughed so much last year, me pal reckons it was his funniest year. It was hard, but you gotta laugh. On the Sunday night, up by the healing fields I got stuck, proper stuck in the mud, me pal was ahead of me, he couldn't stop laughing or get back to help. Some dude grabbed my hand, but I was laughing so much, he started laughing, he just couldn't free me, this went on for more than 5 minutes. It was so funny. Some girl told me pal off, she said is that your friend there. You should be helping her not laughing. That made it worse. Even now as I write this I'm laughing picturing the calamity that was happening. The random dude eventually got me out. Top dude. We were all still laughing as I thanked him and trundled on.

10 minutes ago, Stretlow said:

I still maintain it was overblown, other than the Saturday night around the entrance to the S.E corner I had no problem getting anywhere

It was mad round greenfields. I didn't get to SE corner, so don't know what it was like there, but everywhere else I went was well muddy.

The mud was fucking nothing and you're all a bunch of pansies, to be honest. Course I would've rather it not be there but with a good pair of wellies on it was easy to ignore. Much rather have water on the ground and sun in the air than it raining on me the whole time.

Just now, Mash011 said:

The mud was fucking nothing and you're all a bunch of pansies, to be honest. Course I would've rather it not be there but with a good pair of wellies on it was easy to ignore. Much rather have water on the ground and sun in the air than it raining on me the whole time.

Word. I feel a poll coming on.

22 minutes ago, Perks said:

I laughed so much last year, me pal reckons it was his funniest year. It was hard, but you gotta laugh. On the Sunday night, up by the healing fields I got stuck, proper stuck in the mud, me pal was ahead of me, he couldn't stop laughing or get back to help. Some dude grabbed my hand, but I was laughing so much, he started laughing, he just couldn't free me, this went on for more than 5 minutes. It was so funny. Some girl told me pal off, she said is that your friend there. You should be helping her not laughing. That made it worse. Even now as I write this I'm laughing picturing the calamity that was happening. The random dude eventually got me out. Top dude. We were all still laughing as I thanked him and trundled on.

It was mad round greenfields. I didn't get to SE corner, so don't know what it was like there, but everywhere else I went was well muddy.

:lol: We saw similar at like 2am Fri night/Sat morning at the pizza/pasta stall just outside the entrance to the Park. A really short guy's wellies had got stuck in the mud and he couldn't keep his balance and just kept falling over and falling out of his wellies. Every time he put his feet back in it'd happen again. He looked identical to the resident really really weird drunk at my local which made it all the more hilarious to us. People were trying to help him and just falling over themselves/knocking him over even more. Typing it out it really doesn't sound that funny but in person, absolutely hammered, it was wonderful entertainment (the guy falling over was laughing just as much as everyone else, which makes me feel a bit better about being entertained by it).

4 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

:lol: We saw similar at like 2am Fri night/Sat morning at the pizza/pasta stall just outside the entrance to the Park. A really short guy's wellies had got stuck in the mud and he couldn't keep his balance and just kept falling over and falling out of his wellies. Every time he put his feet back in it'd happen again. He looked identical to the resident really really weird drunk at my local which made it all the more hilarious to us. People were trying to help him and just falling over themselves/knocking him over even more. Typing it out it really doesn't sound that funny but in person, absolutely hammered, it was wonderful entertainment (the guy falling over was laughing just as much as everyone else, which makes me feel a bit better about being entertained by it).

Personally I hope it's pretty sunny, just on the off chance Couchy is wandering round with his top off getting people to draw on him, so I can write 'c**t' again on his back without the floppy haired div actually realising who I am. 

4 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Personally I hope it's pretty sunny, just on the off chance Couchy is wandering round with his top off getting people to draw on him, so I can write 'c**t' again on his back without the floppy haired div actually realising who I am. 

:lol: Did he really not realise?

I met Couchy last year (with a bonus LondonTom thrown in). Exactly as I expected.

20 minutes ago, JoBalls said:

So in half an hour it will be March 13th. 100 days until the festival. 

And according to Emily the lineup will be with us within the next 18 days. 

Exciting times ahead! 

Also, I will be 50. Half of 100 so, you do the maths, it's definitely on. 

5 hours ago, Skoo said:

2007 in my opinion was far worse!! Was constant from the Friday morning, if you think 2016 was worse then it just means you are going soft

Funny as the 2016 mud was in parts, it did get a bit old by the wee hours of Sunday morning....but I would probably take that again over all my clothes and everything being wet after five days of rain, and thus being unable to get warm for five days. Being cold always makes me mega grumpy. Saying that though, I do think Glastonbury has a nice selection of places where one can chill despite the mud. At Global Gathering's 2007 mud bath that definitely wasn't a thing