Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

Next week: Legend

W/C 20th: Ed.

W/C 27th: Poster (likely on the 30th, Thursday morning or night).

Of course, Ed could be announced along with his transatlantic, record breaking, number one yadda-yadda album this Friday. Who knows.

All we know for near-certain is that Ed will headline the Sunday night, some of Neil's advice will be right and one us will get locked in a toilet on Friday afternoon and inadvertently miss Radiohead.

1 hour ago, mjsell said:

I definitely think we will get another announcement before the first poster. I hope it'll be getting Ed out the way. Everyone knows its happening and will take the edge off the clamour for resale if announced with the full poster nearer the time. But saying that I'm far more confident it being the legend.

maybe, or maybe it gives people who wouldn't have bothered going even more time to get their money together and try for a ticket in the resale, because they want to see him and missed out on his arena tickets.

12 hours ago, kalifire said:

I find Marling quite boring, really. I can appreciate her but it's just a bit dull and leaves me dissatisfied. Just my opinion, obviously.  

Mate, i just realised that i accidentally downvoted that. Had no idea i'd done it. Just me being a fat fingered tool. Sorry about that. Have rectified it. Apologies

5 minutes ago, sunnydaysblue said:

I'd be happy with a 5 - 7 acts I really want to see over the whole weekend. I feel lucky to be going with it being a fallow year next.

Agree completely with this statement with 5-7 my aim...bonus for me this year is they've only announced 3 acts and 2 are already on my list!!! Just a result!!!

I can't see them releasing a poster just to announce the undercard. Surely they'll save the remaining headliner for that. I don't think we're getting anything else until the poster, which in recent years gets released close to balance payment week. 

4 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I can't see them releasing a poster just to announce the undercard. Surely they'll save the remaining headliner for that. I don't think we're getting anything else until the poster, which in recent years gets released close to balance payment week. 

There is previous for that in 2015 when Metallica were missing from the poster and the other headliners were known.

I am living in cloud cookoo land if I think it is coming any time before the 30th though cos they like to keep us waiting and talking about it.

Let's hope we don't get any more spammers telling us when it will drop as my drawing skills have got no better in the last year.

22 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

There is previous for that in 2015 when Metallica were missing from the poster and the other headliners were known.

that was because they weren't signed and sealed at that point, from what i've heard.

It was a done deal - they were definitely going to play - but there were a number of contractual issues still to be sorted, not least because of the recent change in where they'd be playing (pyramid instead of other).

1 hour ago, Nobody Interesting said:

58 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

that was because they weren't signed and sealed at that point, from what i've heard.

They also didnt play in 2015 so that might have been another reason they werent on the poster ;)

True, I'm not disagreeing with the sentiment, just confirming there is a very recent precedent for releasing the poster without all the headliners on. I think the Sun had already leaked the Who by then but a lot of people didn't believe it due to their Paris gig so it's obviously still a different scenario to Ed. There isn't anything to stop them releasing the poster Friday and then announcing Ed just before the resale if they want either way.

3 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Looking at this poster just makes me realise how little music I saw this year. Still had a cracking time but man I missed out on some good acts! 

Yeah I was thinking exactly the same, I forgot half of them were even there and the amount I didn't see was almost criminal... but likewise I still had a brilliant time and you can only ever see a fraction of what's on offer, that's the reality.