Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

seen Laura Marling a couple times. First time was back in 2011 in Winchester Cathedral and I was blown away. Won tickets for her at the Silver Bullet in London where she debuted Short Movie to 200 people, was once again amazing. Saw her at Latitude though in 2015 and I didnt think it was great. She was on the main stage late afternoon and her sound just got a bit lost on that huge stage. Hoping she will be a Park headliner like some have said, would be  a shame if she was just chucked on Other in the late afternoon

Edited by rhg_99

Just returning to the title of the thread for a moment, there's a rumour on a certain Facebook group that the first poster will be released at 9 a.m. this Friday. I have no idea whether it's based on any actual knowledge, but I thought I'd pass it on.

8 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

Just returning to the title of the thread for a moment, there's a rumour on a certain Facebook group that the first poster will be released at 9 a.m. this Friday. I have no idea whether it's based on any actual knowledge, but I thought I'd pass it on.

take a pinch of salt, half it, half it again and then take 0.01% of it and that's how much faith you should put in that rumour

Edited by JoeyT

2 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

take a pinch of salt, half it, half it again and then take 0.01% of it and that's how much faith you should put in that rumour

Yeah, I expect you're right, but thought I'd mention it anyway. It was posted by an admin, who has been known to get info before, but could just as easily be utter bollocks.

I'll be stunned if we get the poster before the last week of March. March 10th seems incredibly early.

That being said - we'll probably get a super early poster one of these years, given how random the announcements seem to be.

2 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

Yeah, I expect you're right, but thought I'd mention it anyway. It was posted by an admin, who has been known to get info before, but could just as easily be utter bollocks.

Yeah it's worth mentioning. Not gonna lie I'll keep it in mind even if it's associated with the chuckleheads at Glasto chat. :P It is March after all and they said they had 90% of the lineup sorted many months ago so two weeks earlier than expected ain't unrealistic.

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

my guess - only a guess - it that there won't be an announcement before the last week of the month at earliest, unless it's for a single act (likely to be Ed, or the 'legend').

I would guess that Edward gets his own announcement, only seen as Foos and Radiohead did.

I definitely think we will get another announcement before the first poster. I hope it'll be getting Ed out the way. Everyone knows its happening and will take the edge off the clamour for resale if announced with the full poster nearer the time. But saying that I'm far more confident it being the legend.

1 minute ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I would guess that Edward gets his own announcement, only seen as Foos and Radiohead did.

Hadn't thought of that. I'm going Ed some point next week with the poster 2 weeks after that. Maybe they will leave the legend for after the initial poster? They normally get their own announcement these days.

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Ibibio Sound Machine on 6Music saying they have festival appearances this summer that they're not allowed to announce yet.

First time I've heard of these today on 6Music. Just having a listen and love it; will try to pick up the album tomorrow. Didn't they say they were at Latitude?

2 hours ago, mr gumby said:

The admin on there post things all the time that turn out to be rubbish. They are just on a wind up and probably earn somehow from how the page is set up.
I stopped reading it ages ago as I had enough of the bull.

1 minute ago, SighMo said:

First time I've heard of these today on 6Music. Just having a listen and love it; will try to pick up the album tomorrow. Didn't they say they were at Latitude?

Yeah.. I think so.

They played West Holts a couple of year back but seem to have a fair wind behind them atm, so maybe mid Park or early Pyramid might not be out of the question.