Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

1 minute ago, Badlands said:

Mind if bbc, officially connected to glastonbury, are getting their stories from efestivals.. that's mental.

If this is the quality of research tax payers money gets then a revolution is needed I think. 

Although, some people some good detective work these past few days so I feel like we know just as much as the people 'in the know', know 

If the Beeb sourced the story from efests, surely they would say something like 'along with Radiohead, Ed Sheeran and The xx', since The xx are highest profile TBC on this site? Neil only has Green Day down as a rumour and continually plays it down.

Seems like quite a random name to tack on the article.

Still probably pulled it out of their arse though.

5 minutes ago, across97 said:

The article now been amended to say something like 'bla bla bla, we messed up. Green Day and Ed Sheeran were said to be confirmed - they are not' 

that final wording is interesting saying 'they are not [confirmed]' as opposed to 'we don't know anything about who's playing' which is the stance they should've taken in the first place 

They didn't actually say they were confirmed, just that they'd be joining the Foo Fighters. So as their story stands now they're saying that the bands aren't confirmed (true) whilst skirting that they'll be joining Foo Fighters.

58 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

If its Green Day on Sunday I will self impose with excitement ... never seen them, on my bucket list 

Oh wow never seen them, you'll really enjoy them as I was when I saw them for 1st time I thought they were really good and I wouldn't say I was a big fan. What go me about the gig was the fan love which really made the gig - lets hope they play :D

6 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

You should have given your ticket to one of the fans waiting outside who really wanted to see them... you were lucky to get that ticket but why go when you don't even like them much??? :huh:

He didn't have a ticket. He was on a guestlist and got let in by someone on the door checking the guestlist.

People keep complaining he went but in reality if he didn't get in the way he did it isn't like a ticket would have gone to someone else. And even if he did get given a ticket, you think he should have travelled to the show to just give it away?

Sheesh Neil cut them some slack man, fair play you're doing your job, and damn well too, but the Foos have really treated Glastonbury to a pretty special announcement and not played in over a year, you can't just turn on and off being gig ready

Edited by FrancisH

4 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

You should have given your ticket to one of the fans waiting outside who really wanted to see them... you were lucky to get that ticket but why go when you don't even like them much??? :huh:

I assumed @eFestivalsNeil's job is partly journalistic isn't it? Like all the NME and Q magazine and whoever else liggers that were there...for free.

'Mainstream' journos who may or may not write favourable reviews...not always based on whether they actually liked a gig, but due to personal professional advancement. 

I used to write (for fun and mainly free gig tickets) for a pretty decent music website but had the luxury of not having to submit anything if I thought the gig / album was shite (which was often...but isn't the journalistic norm) due to the website's own remit. 

Saw some great gigs with bands I like / love but sat through some godawful w*nk IMHO too. 

Fucking Jesus, I sat through a sold out Heart gig once! Guff*

@Gnomicidewoulda probably loved it*

4 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

He didn't have a ticket. He was on a guestlist and got let in by someone on the door checking the guestlist.

People keep complaining he went but in reality if he didn't get in the way he did it isn't like a ticket would have gone to someone else. And even if he did get given a ticket, you think he should have travelled to the show to just give it away?

Just to clarify, I'm more than happy for Neil to have gotten a ticket even if he'd rather he hadn't!

7 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

TBH I don't think he should have bothered trying to get a ticket to a band he's not arsed about and he said he went on blagging duty, but that's just my opinion 

4 minutes ago, Woffy said:

I assumed @eFestivalsNeil's job is partly journalistic isn't it? Like all the NME and Q magazine and whoever else liggers that were there...for free.

'Mainstream' journos who may or may not write favourable reviews...not always based on whether they actually liked a gig, but due to personal professional advancement. 

I used to write (for fun and mainly free gig tickets) for a pretty decent music website but had the luxury of not having to submit anything if I thought the gig / album was shite (which was often...but isn't the journalistic norm) due to the website's own remit. 

Saw some great gigs with bands I like / love but sat through some godawful w*nk IMHO too. 

Fucking Jesus, I sat through a sold out Heart gig once! Guff*

@Gnomicidewoulda probably loved it*

I'm jealous, as friggin love Foos and seeing someone who blagged a freebie just bitch pissed me off a bit..... I'm human leave it at that :(

9 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

They've now removed the Green Day and Ed Sheeran part of the article, here's hoping it's true and The XX headline the other stage Friday. 

The XX, Foos, Green Day would be a great set of headline acts for me! 

IMG_8389.PNG

The xx aren't headlining against Radiohead. That's madness.

2 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

I'm jealous, as friggin love Foos and seeing someone who blagged a freebie just bitch pissed me off a bit..... I'm human leave it at that :(

You could have gone down there and got in just as many others did. Emily had 200 passes apparently - Neil got one of those as someone dropped out last minute.