Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

35 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I once (20+ years ago) got given a book about obelisks. It was very boring.

But from that, if I'm remembering rightly, they're a big thing with catholics, and with freemasons, and the pyramid on the top is meant to have a size relationship with the height of the column - I think it was 1/10th, tho i could be wrong about that.

I remember getting a mini-comic about an obelisk that was packaged with, I think, my Mekaneck He-Man figure. Skeletor used it to call monsters into existence. He-Man won in the end, obviously.

Don't know if that helps.

13 minutes ago, chrislk89 said:

6pm GMT or 6pm in LA?

9 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

Looking like it was 6 american time, so 2am here

It was 6pm our time. Once it hit 6 the people with boarding passes were able to enter their code online and were greeted with a message telling them to check their emails on Thursday and their adventure will begin on Friday.

We can all come back on Thursday expecting something but I think all we'll learn is that Foo Fighters are playing a show the following day and the boarding pass holders are invited.

Not sure when I expect the Glasto announcement to happen within all this. During the gig, I guess.

3 minutes ago, midlifecrisis said:

Are we sure it's not just an elaborate hoax by someone? Surely if these boarding pass things had been sent out by the Foos there would have been more than a couple of photos from a handfull of people on twitter? 

I don't think it's a hoax...but I was just thinking similar this. If it is an intimate gig, surely it's not so intimate they have only sent four invites out?

9 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

It was 6pm our time. Once it hit 6 the people with boarding passes were able to enter their code online and were greeted with a message telling them to check their emails on Thursday and their adventure will begin on Friday.

We can all come back on Thursday expecting something but I think all we'll learn is that Foo Fighters are playing a show the following day and the boarding pass holders are invited.

Not sure when I expect the Glasto announcement to happen within all this. During the gig, I guess.

I'm pretty sure I'm on the mailing list but didn't get a pass :( 

3 minutes ago, midlifecrisis said:

Are we sure it's not just an elaborate hoax by someone? Surely if these boarding pass things had been sent out by the Foos there would have been more than a couple of photos from a handfull of people on twitter? 

A hoax? 

So somebody has set this all up, got into the foos site, inputted data, then gone on their twitter, followed the poeple who received them, and so on....

leave it out

4 minutes ago, midlifecrisis said:

It's very very fucking elaborate if so. Don't forget the web site.

Edited by stuartbert two hats
Web site

2 minutes ago, Laurenkfj said:

I don't think it's a hoax...but I was just thinking similar this. If it is an intimate gig, surely it's not so intimate they have only sent four invites out?

How many people have got these, who decided not to share on twitter etc? I'd suspect a larger amount than those who have put it on social media....

Edited by bennyk

Just now, bennyk said:

How many people have got these, who decided not to share on twitter etc? I'd suspect a larger amount than have put it on social media....

Yes true, but still seems a very low amount. I'm not an oversharer on social media but would still probably put this on after seeing all the fuss!