Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

2 minutes ago, rzwodezwo said:

I think the Obelisk is the weakest link tbh. That's so random, could be anything? 

I don't think so, going by the definition of an Obelisk, it seems like way way too much of a coincidence :lol:. This doesn't even feel like we're clutching at straws either, unlike in the Radiohead thread last year :lol:

just had this from my mate in frome....

Your rumour is now gaining momentum in Frome. One of the sound engineer people has put something up for people to guess on FB. Various people saying they have heard the rumour..... but then it could be a six degree of separation thing x

can anyone find the facebook thing? (I don't do facebook)

Edited by eFestivals

3 minutes ago, craigsmith1985 said:

I live in Frome. Have been told by someone who used to do sound at Cheese and Grain that the rumours are true. I just drove down on the off chance but not a lot going on. Unfortunately I didn't get a boarding pass. 

Whether it's Foo's or not I'm hearing there is a BIG private event on Friday at the C&G with security and the carpark cordoned off.....I've also heard that there may be tickets allocated through a ballot.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Obelisks are basically big stone willies, which could tie in to the Foo Fighters playing "cock rock".

I once (20+ years ago) got given a book about obelisks. It was very boring.

But from that, if I'm remembering rightly, they're a big thing with catholics, and with freemasons, and the pyramid on the top is meant to have a size relationship with the height of the column - I think it was 1/10th, tho i could be wrong about that.

So.............

Today at 6pm lucky ticket holders found out they would learn something at 6pm on Thursday. Given all the rumours that could well be  a gig at the Cheese and Grain on Friday night - where perhaps Foof Fighters will make another announcement.

Every Egyptian obelisk has a Pyramid at the top.

4 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

So.............

Today at 6pm lucky ticket holders found out they would learn something at 6pm on Thursday. Given all the rumours that could well be  a gig at the Cheese and Grain on Friday night - where perhaps Foof Fighters will make another announcement.

Every Egyptian obelisk has a Pyramid at the top.

Yeh that's what we're all expecting anyway I think.

And there's a giant obelisk in front of the Vatican in St Peter's Square.

If you draw a line from there to Glastonbury Tor, back down again to the ancient site of Heliopolis, up to Cleopatra's Needle in London, over to the Obelisk of Theodosius in Istanbul and back to the site of the Pyramid Stage the sacred geometry of Europe is revealed - to be a shape like unto that of a plastic fox.