Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

3 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

So, Foos announced tonight via a picture of a plane in front of the Pyramid with their logo on it or them stepping out of it or something. 

Ticket holders can then check in online to be greeted with that message posted on the previous page about checking their emails on 23rd Feb.

Foos play Cheese and Grain on Friday night (potentially their Glasto set is announced here rather than tonight).

"Vatican City" in the page source was a link to Frome rather than Rome. "CAG" means Cheese and Grain rather than Cagliari.

And at the end of the day who can even be arsed to see them.

Holy fuck you're like Columbo

1 minute ago, The Clearest Blue said:

If that tweet about it being delayed until Thursday is correct, that's pretty poor form to send out tickets with exact dates and times and then change them last minute, kind of like a real airline I suppose!

It wasn't a delay. They were told to check in at 6pm today. Someone on this forum earlier today found something within the website that said once a correct code had been entered they'd be greeted with a message saying something like "check your emails 23rd Feb, your adventure starts 24th Feb". 

Gotta say, drawing the bear logo on the Pyramid field was a better announcement.

This is just dragging it out, especially when it's so inevitable. I usually find my friends and co-workers are clueless about Glastonbury rumours, but even the most casual music fans I chat to know FF are headlining. Let's just get it announced.

On 2/21/2017 at 6:20 PM, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

The whole ticket thing, was that to Glastonbury ticket holders or just fan clubs members?

There is no club although most fans of the band think it is based on primarily location but perhaps ticket sales and potentially merch sales through the site! Most seem to be located in the Bath area or nearby yet to hear from anyone else outside of there to collect one yet. Both glasto ticket holders and non also seem to have acquired a pass also. The Cheese and Grain idea is the being touted by most in the groups I'm a part of! 

2 minutes ago, FooFighter said:

There is no club although most fans of the band think it is based on primarily location but perhaps ticket sales and potentially merch sales through the site! Most seem to be located in the Bath area or nearby yet to hear from anyone else outside of there to collect one yet. Both glasto ticket holders and non also seem to have acquired a pass also. The Cheese and Grain idea is the being touted by most in the groups I'm a part of! 

Ah, ok thanks. I was thinking if it was directly to fan club members why would they care too much about a Glastonbury announcement, the majority probably wouldn't have tickets anyway so it would kind of be rubbing their noses in it more than anything. If it's much more random then it would make more sense.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

5 minutes ago, mf_2005 said:

At this point I'm pretty convinced it's something unique to the ticket holders, and has nout to do with Glastonbury.

This does seem like a massive faf to go through just for a festival announcement... especially when it's pretty much been nailed on that they would be doing it this year ever since they weren't rebooked for last year. 

But the Obelisk thing just seems like too much of a coincidence.

Well that was fun. Started reading this thread an hour ago. 6 o'clock came and I had two options (continue reading the thread, or jump on to Twitter to  read of any announcement) - i opted to continue reading the thread. What a let down :( I don't even like the Foos, nor do I have a ticket for glasto yet..... same time Thursday folks.  

Just now, JoBalls said:

This does seem like a massive faf to go through just for a festival announcement... especially when it's pretty much been nailed on that they would be doing it this year ever since they weren't rebooked for last year. 

But the Obelisk thing just seems like too much of a coincidence.

I think the Obelisk is the weakest link tbh. That's so random, could be anything?