Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

1 minute ago, Will-2609 said:

Just looked and one who said she tried to check in got given a link to go on on Tuesday (she said Thu but I'm assuming that was a mistake), so I reckon this is what will happen.

I just find it way too elaborate to set up this whole function on their site and send out these airline tickets so some people can find out they're playing a festival slightly earlier than everyone else in the world. I can't really see how they'd manage to just target people off to Glastonbury either, but that'd add even further lengths to it. Must be some presale or prize or something and they all bought tickets to a show on the last tour, and the Glastonbury connection is just a happenstance because they're live music fans in the UK.

I think it's all been done to get people talking on social media... they can't have sent these tickets out to many people because I've only seen four people reporting they have them on Twitter. I think most people having received something like this would tweet about it? 

I don't think it's just a coincidence that all the people who received a ticket also have Glastonbury tickets... 

That being said... we still have Monday and Tuesday's post before 6pm Tuesday, so maybe there are more tickets to come.

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I just find it way too elaborate to set up this whole function on their site and send out these airline tickets so some people can find out they're playing a festival slightly earlier than everyone else in the world. I can't really see how they'd manage to just target people off to Glastonbury either, but that'd add even further lengths to it. Must be some presale or prize or something and they all bought tickets to a show on the last tour, and the Glastonbury connection is just a happenstance because they're live music fans in the UK.

My thinking is that, after they went to such lengths for the Radiohead announcement, they also want to make the Foos announcement special, and have collaborated with Foos' marketing team or whatever to have a play on their passport concept but make it stand out from the other announcements. As someone (gnomicide, perhaps) said earlier on they could have sent them to people on the mailing list who've tweeted recently about Glastonbury or something like that.

I agree with JoBalls above that the main reason for doing it like this would be to get people talking on social media, like when Radiohead sent out those postcards.

1 minute ago, Will-2609 said:

My thinking is that, after they went to such lengths for the Radiohead announcement, they also want to make the Foos announcement special, and have collaborated with Foos' marketing team or whatever to have a play on their passport concept but make it stand out from the other announcements. As someone (gnomicide, perhaps) said earlier on they could have sent them to people on the mailing list who've tweeted recently about Glastonbury or something like that.

I agree with JoBalls above that the main reason for doing it like this would be to get people talking on social media, like when Radiohead sent out those postcards.

Well, two of them said they never tweeted about getting Glastonbury tickets so I still don't get it. But yeah if it is announced at 6pm on Tuesday then I guess they somehow managed and that's that.

From a mailing list data protection stand point - (pretty much what I do for a job), if when signing up to either/both there is one of those check boxes that gives permissions to 3rd party use of data then there is every chance they have cross-referenced those on foos mailing list to those on Glasto's with these permissions - which is really straight forward to do. I don't remember how it is laid out when you registered with Glasto, but I assume there was a permissions check box somewhere in the t's & c's. 

Edited by mjsell

9 minutes ago, mjsell said:

From a mailing list data protection stand point - (pretty much what I do for a job), if when signing up to either/both there is one of those check boxes that gives permissions to 3rd party use of data then there is every chance they have cross-referenced those on foos mailing list to those on Glasto's with these permissions - which is really straight forward to do. I don't remember how it is laid out when you registered with Glasto, but I assume there was a permissions check box somewhere in the t's & c's. 

Ahh I see, so those of us who are on both lists but didn't want to receive a load of spam mail will miss out then!!

7 hours ago, monkey1989 said:

Even though that foo fighters ticket has a pyramid picture on it and says tuesday date, i thought emily said at the nme awards next announcement was march.

By March, Emily will mean the 1st poster main drop. I'm fully expecting both headliners to drop before then, by 1st week of March at the most.

11 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Imagine if all those who got this package in the post from the FF's found out that it means they get to go back stage/on the stage at the Pyramid when they are on.

This seems like the best shout so far - they get announced for Glasto at 6pm and at the same time all those checked in can go to the link they've been mailed & find out they're gonna be part of the show somehow. 

Lord knows why they'd set up a twitter etc. for it though. I see the bands twitter is following those who tweeted their pics yesterday 

Edited by MattDavies__