Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

4 minutes ago, MrMac said:

Apologies if this has already been asked and I missed it, but is this a specific next announcement thread or a generic one? i.e. after we get the next announcement, do we need a new thread or can we carry on in this one?

That's far too deep a philosophical question for a Monday morning.

I've just checked the nominations and neither Ed or the Foos are nominated for anything at this year's NMEs which means they may not be there on Wednesday which makes a headliner announcement less likely I think... Glastonbury is up for best festival though (obviously) so hopefully Michael will be there in his shorts giving away information that he shouldn't as usual!

Just now, EamerRed said:

Ed Sheeran announcement is nailed on for the Brits let's face it.

Yeah good shout actually... either on the night or the next day when his performance is the talking point.

Either way I'd be very surprised if we get through the next 10 days without something.

2 hours ago, JoBalls said:

Yeah good shout actually... either on the night or the next day when his performance is the talking point.

Either way I'd be very surprised if we get through the next 10 days without something.

Getting through the next 10 days without hearing about Ed Sheeran for once would be ultimate bliss!

Here's a question..and apologies if it's already been asked before..... At this stage in the game, how often is that the remaining headliner predictions (of the pyramid stage) are wrong? It seems like Ed and Foo's are dead certs...and I remember last year the Adele/Coldplay predictions were accurate (perhaps a little more so than I personally would have liked). But in other years, have festivals rumours been pretty much bang on by now, or is there ever a "NO FRICKIN' WAY!?" moment when its announced? 

22 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Here's a question..and apologies if it's already been asked before..... At this stage in the game, how often is that the remaining headliner predictions (of the pyramid stage) are wrong? It seems like Ed and Foo's are dead certs...and I remember last year the Adele/Coldplay predictions were accurate (perhaps a little more so than I personally would have liked). But in other years, have festivals rumours been pretty much bang on by now, or is there ever a "NO FRICKIN' WAY!?" moment when its announced? 

I think generally we have a pretty good idea, 2015 with the Who was the only year that we had no idea at all

Just now, brettredmayne said:

I think generally we have a pretty good idea, 2015 with the Who was the only year that we had no idea at all

And only because we dismissed it as being a possibility due to them already having a show booked that night - Neil actually heard it was them some time before they were announced if I remember correctly.

In the ten years I've been doing festivals, this site has been pretty much bang on the mark at this point in the year. Which is kind of a blessing and a curse at the same time sometimes! Still, nice to be surprised by other acts further down the bill that might not be SR or even on the list at all :)

With the Eavii though, you never know...

12 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

Cool, good to know who I'll be spending my Sunday avoiding then....but the Foo's will be awesome :)

11 minutes ago, joeyjarman said:

Still, nice to be surprised by other acts further down the bill that might not be SR or even on the list at all :)

Totally, I'm still confused as to even what the other stage headline will be! And then there's still also being surprised by random bands you've never heard of who are crazy good - like DakhaBrakha last year.

The sooner the better for me in terms of an Ed announcement. Having not got a ticket yet and relying on the resale, a larger cool off period after Ed's hype train announcement would be ideal. For that reason though I imagine he will be the latter to be made public.

9 minutes ago, mjsell said:

The sooner the better for me in terms of an Ed announcement. Having not got a ticket yet and relying on the resale, a larger cool off period after Ed's hype train announcement would be ideal. For that reason though I imagine he will be the latter to be made public.

Aaaah good point....I hadn't thought of that! Was just being selfish and considering my own excitement level. That and the fact that I always forget quite how popular he is!