Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

2 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

God it was annoying when we got to this stage for the poster announcements the last few years. Are we really now waiting every day to see if a second headliner or legend, all of whom we literally already know, is going to be announced?

I'd take a couple of good food stall confirmations at this point! 

49 minutes ago, nikkic said:

I'd take a couple of good food stall confirmations at this point! 

On that theme I think they get offered their pitches by end of this month at the latest so we might get some soon.

do any of the usual suspects have a twitter account?

22 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

On that theme I think they get offered their pitches by end of this month at the latest so we might get some soon.

do any of the usual suspects have a twitter account?

I've got more but can't access at the moment for some reason.

3 hours ago, waterfalls212434 said:

itd be nice to be tonight, hell itd be nice to have some form of announcement this month.....it really does feel like its being dragged out this year, sure we knew more then just 1 headliner by this time as of late as far as years go.......though I will consult the thingy unless wrong on that note. 

Nope. It was the same last year. Penguin was wailing and stamping his feet around this time last year too IIRC.

Edited by Hugh Jass

Going by the thingy the October announcement of Radiohead was a particularly early one compared the last few years, so maybe they think they gave us a bit of a treat with that one and we can wait for a bit longer. Also February announcements seem pretty random but more weighted towards at least the middle or end of the month, so seeing as we are only the 10th I'm thinking a week or two at least yet before we get something (that we already know anyway)

14 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Going by the thingy the October announcement of Radiohead was a particularly early one compared the last few years, so maybe they think they gave us a bit of a treat with that one and we can wait for a bit longer. Also February announcements seem pretty random but more weighted towards at least the middle or end of the month, so seeing as we are only the 10th I'm thinking a week or two at least yet before we get something (that we already know anyway)

The NME awards have been good to us over the last few years , we normally get something. Blur, U2, Foo fighters, Dolly have all gone that night.