Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

15 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

That or they'll announce Franz Ferdinand again.

It has to be the FOO's this week

every festival under the sun is announcing stuff , whole line ups or head liners,. I am getting a little tired of how Glastonbury say they are different and they will announce when they want. They have sold us the goods now show us the Legend

22 hours ago, shuttlep said:

It has to be the FOO's this week

every festival under the sun is announcing stuff , whole line ups or head liners,. I am getting a little tired of how Glastonbury say they are different and they will announce when they want. They have sold us the goods now show us the Legend

Didn't we work out that Glastonbury's late announcements are related to how they can pay less to the acts, allowing them to put more stuff on than other festivals?  By not announcing, it stops people from not buying a ticket to see an act at their own concert on the basis that they'll see them anyway at Glasto.

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

Didn't we work out that Glastonbury's late announcements are related to how they can pay less to the acts, allowing them to put more stuff on than other festivals?  By not announcing, it stops people from not buying a ticket to see an act at their own concert on the basis that they'll see them anyway at Glasto.

I womder has anyone thought "Oh I am not going to get a ticket for Cold Play as I am seeing them at Glastonbury"

7 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'm sure they have, or at least the people who think of them as Coldplay would.  The Cold Play lot - they're mental and wouldn't be put off, obviously.

Yes Cold Play was a bad example, they are all well dead weird "as my son would say"

15 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

If a bit skint I have done this - not for Coldplay, obviously- for a few bands.

maybe it's just me then . I Don't go to Glastonbury for the music . That's an added Bonus. If I like a band and they are touring I will go and see them even if that means seeing them twice.  I plan to see so many bands at Glasto and only see a fraction so I can't rely on seeing anyone

Normally seeing an act twice wouldn't bother me, if i like them then it's a bonus. However, I did hold off attempting to get Ed Sheeran tickets as with him being pretty much a dead cert, I couldn't justify the cost of seeing him in April when I'm potentially seeing him in June. Although if the Green Day thing comes to light then I won't be seeing him in June. 

Is there only me who goes there for the music? I won't lie, most of the other stuff does not interest me in the slightest. Don't get me wrong, Arcadia impressed me the 1st time I seen it. Yet nothing I have seen at Glastonbury has ever had a lasting effect on me.

Now people will laugh here but I found Jodrell bank a far more inspiring place than Glastonbury. The place just blows me away. I came away from there and wanted to study physics. Unfortunately I could not get on any degree course as I had no GCSE's.

If the line up at Glastobury was really bobbins, it would not bother me in the slightest putting my tickets back in the pot.