Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

7 minutes ago, joeyjarman said:

I feel it will only be an announcement of Ed Sheeran, so definitiely not worth waiting for.

pretty much! so whenever it is... meh.

I'd expect a fair amount of backlash on social media when they do announce him (as usual) although they get that no matter who is headlining!

they could have got prince and fleetwood mac in the same year and people would have still complained :lol:

Edited by Memory Man

4 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

pretty much! so whenever it is... meh.

I'd expect a fair amount of backlash on social media when they do announce him (as usual) although they get that no matter who is headlining!

they could have got prince and fleetwood mac in the same year and people would have still complained :lol:

You can please some of the people some of the time... I do like a good whinge though I must say! It's the people who have never been and think just because a duff headliner is announced it's going to ruin the festival and everyone is going to have a shit time who get to me though. The amount of people who asked me how pissed off I was about having to see Adele last year... No I was in the adjacent field having an absolute blast at New Order!

6 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Even if it is just Ed Sheeran that's announced next, hopefully they'll also confirm the day and we can see if there may be some truth in the Green Day chat. 

It will be good to see some momentum!

9 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I'm just looking forward to tomorrow so I can say "next month is the first poster announcement"*

* I don't know this for sure

** based on last years being 29th March

*** I know there's no pattern really (all hail the thingy)

**** Blind hope, blind visions
Blind centre, one centre
Blind living and seeing
Blind hell, blind hell
Blind visions and no reasons
For action blind words

Blind visions and no reasons
No reasons for actions
In a dream when I''m reading pages full of words
The harder you look
It''s getting hard, it''s getting hard, it''s not
A dream''s a dream
In a dream when I''m reading pages
Pages full of words
It''s, it''s getting hard, it''s not
It''s not, it, it
It''s getting hard
It''s getting harder
It''s getting hard

On 1/27/2017 at 11:36 AM, Untz said:

What I like to with the initial poster is to scan it and realise there's an awful lot of crap out there.

When the full line up with stages is released I like to look for the few names I want to see, realise that most of them clash, close the webpage and hope the real, much better organised line up is released the next day.

#betterhipster

I like to turn up at Worthy without having seen any lineup announcements at all.  Then I like to walk up to the hill behind the Park, and read the full timetable lineup while enjoying my first full view of Glastonbury that year.   Then I decide to only see bands that no-one around me has ever heard of. While drinking a craft gin & tonic.

#ultimatehipster

Edited by Quark

7 minutes ago, Quark said:

I like to turn up at Worthy without having seen any lineup announcements at all.  Then I like to walk up to the hill behind the Park, and read the full timetable lineup while enjoying my first full view of Glastonbury that year.   Then I decide to only see bands that no-one around me has ever heard of. While drinking a craft gin & tonic.

#ultimatehipster

You see bands?

I go to whittle kitchen utensils out of trees found only in Outer Mongolia.

1 minute ago, Untz said:

You see bands?

I go to whittle kitchen utensils out of trees found only in Outer Mongolia.

Huh.  I appear to be up against a pro here.

Although hipster one-upmanship aside I am intent on going to at least one craft lesson this year :lol:

Pick up litter, whittle kitchen utensils – luxury!!

I walk 3 miles from the car park carrying as much stuff as I can physically lift to camp in a muddy field with 120,000 other people, then do the 3 mile return trip back to the van the following day to pick up as much warm beer (that tastes like p*iss) that I can carry, wade through mud and other peoples waste for 5 days, contract some stomach bug that really kicks in on Sunday and then pack up soggy camping stuff and walk back the 3 miles to the car park and spend the rest of the week ill and depressed and worried about getting tickets for the next year.

Tell that to the kids of today and they wouldn’t believe it.

On 1/26/2017 at 11:27 PM, Gnomicide said:

Next Wednesday, 3pm. D Rozzle.

I can feel it in me old bones.

Another winning prediction!

On 1/30/2017 at 0:10 PM, Memory Man said:

funny you should say that as I have been informed by a family member who works in the festival industry that there will be a glastonbury announcement this week. I think she said Wednesday or Thursday so 01/02 or 02/02.

Tick tock....

19 hours ago, EamerRed said:

Can someone make up a rumour please?

Someone emailed me last night, to say that they knew Robbie Williams was playing.

However, there was something about it which I just didn't believe. Maybe they'll get back to me and say something that makes it more convincing.

So there's your perhaps-made-up rumour. :)

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

Someone emailed me last night, to say that they knew Robbie Williams was playing.

However, there was something about it which I just didn't believe. Maybe they'll get back to me and say something that makes it more convincing.

Just out of interest, how often do people send you rumours like this? 

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

Not necessarily what I was hoping for but a rumour is a rumour :D

57 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Think this goes in the pile of I hope it's not true so let's ignore it