Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

1 hour ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I actually think I prefer the day the full line up and times goes up on the website more than the festival itself 

New map release day is where it's at.

Scanning that, looking for new areas & hoping that when extremely intoxicated your mess of a mind/body will remember the quickest route back to the tent or campervan!!

28 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Scanning that, looking for new areas & hoping that when extremely intoxicated your mess of a mind/body will remember the quickest route back to the tent or campervan!!

Years of advance planning and preparation....never quite works for me. I embrace the random staggering.

35 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

My low point last year was drunk me taking an hour and half to get from William's Green to my tent in Pylon :(

36 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I was a good hour and a half from Block 9 to Pylon early on the Saturday morning in torrential rain and torturous mud with a very trippy friend. All a good laugh mind you 

At least you had a laugh. Drunk me may have got slightly emotional at being lost, alone, tired and drunk :lol:

Edited by Tartan_Glasto

7 minutes ago, wozwebs said:

Tonight.

Diana Ross Exclusive announcement on The One Show tonight 7pm I just read on Facebook Glasto Chat.

EDIT: forget me, that was last night so presume was nothing - doh!

Good old Glasto Chat. Always 1st with the wrong info. 

On 27/01/2017 at 1:48 PM, Mezhyp1 said:

I was a good hour and a half from Block 9 to Pylon early on the Saturday morning in torrential rain and torturous mud with a very trippy friend. All a good laugh mind you 

That was quite the trek wasn't it, Mez? I delivered two delightful young ladies 'towards home' by pushing them gently towards Oxlyers from the Railway Line edge of Other field before heading off south west towards Paines. We were absolutely soaked, knackered and a little 'worse for wear' after four hours of Seth/Martinez in Shangri La. I plan to repeat this kind of end to the night several times this year, at a gloriously DRY festival!

:)

Ben

23 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

We'll get a name this coming week. I can feel it in my water.

funny you should say that as I have been informed by a family member who works in the festival industry that there will be a glastonbury announcement this week. I think she said Wednesday or Thursday so 01/02 or 02/02.

She doesn't work on glastonbury but for another festival organiser and in the industry they  of course all have to align their announcements so that they don't clash. She works on another fest that is announcing this week.

I wouldn't get excited as surely if there is an announcement it will just be the confirmation of one of the two already known pyramid headliners or the sunday legend.

Anything else at this stage would be mostly unprecendented.

PS: don't shoot the messenger!

Edited by Memory Man

3 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

funny you should say that as I have been informed by a family member who works in the festival industry that there will be a glastonbury announcement this week. I think she said Wednesday or Thursday so 01/02 or 02/02.

She doesn't work on glastonbury but for another festival organiser and in the industry they  of course all have to align their announcements so that they don't clash. She works on another fest that is announcing this week.

I wouldn't get excited as surely if there is an announcement it will just be the confirmation of one of the two already known pyramid headliners or the sunday legend.

Anything else at this stage would be mostly unprecendented.

PS: don't shoot the messenger!

Oooooh

(Even though it'll inevitably be a headliner we already know, a day confirmation will be interesting at least!)

8 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Is that how it works? I thought with Glasto having sold out already it wouldn't affect any other festival?

1 hour ago, Memory Man said:

that's complete and utter crap.

They have to align some so they do clash. Any avoidance of clashing is for best publicity, and naff all else.

4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

they do, but for their own advantage, not because they're working with each other about announcements.

A smaller festival will obviously try to avoid the big hitters to not be lost in the noise thats just common sense. They may not work together but they obviouslt garner knowledge of each other & time their own accordingly for their own benefit and thats all i was ever suggesting. Always semantic with you,  you are tiresome mate.

regardless lets see what happens this week

Edited by Memory Man

14 hours ago, Memory Man said:

A smaller festival will obviously try to avoid the big hitters to not be lost in the noise thats just common sense. They may not work together but they obviouslt garner knowledge of each other & time their own accordingly for their own benefit and thats all i was ever suggesting. Always semantic with you,  you are tiresome mate.

regardless lets see what happens this week

it's called accuracy.

If you can do it I don't have to. :)