Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

37 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

How bad is that, comparing accomplished and entertaining musicians to a bunch of muppets! 

Please apologise to Animal and the rest of the band, they don't deserve to be dragged down like this

One of those jokes that's enjoyable even though (if not because) you can see the punchline coming a mile off.

2 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Kendal Calling and Camp Bestival as well. 

Ever been a day before with so many announcements?

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Was just thinking this - seems a hell of a lot for one day.

I was thinking about this, this evening. My guess is that it's for ticket sales, gets people talking about it the day before payday for that bump. Especially after miserable and frugal January, everybody keen to do a bit of retail therapy.

55 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

I'd have double upvoted that if the system would allow it, AF.

I would go to see the Muppets band. I would not bother to see a band as comprehensively overrated as the Roses. I wonder if there has ever been a band subject to levels of popularity based so much on nostalgic affection, rather than musical merit...?!

:ph34r: *tin hat moved into place*

Ben

Edit - I've just realised that your very witty post was regarding the Kaisers, not the Roses. Oh well, I'll let my reply stand!

Don't do it Ben, lad.

Apologise now.

Roses shows are fucking unbelievable. The ultimate coming together of like minded folks I've witnessed in the last few years.

Beautiful xx

20 minutes ago, Purple aki squat said:

Don't do it Ben, lad.

Apologise now.

Roses shows are fucking unbelievable. The ultimate coming together of like minded folks I've witnessed in the last few years.

Beautiful xx

Oh shit a brick, aki. 

Why are you doing this to me?

i REALLY like you and so I am compelled, against my conscience, to accede to your request. DAMN YOU, MAN. 

I just never 'got them', I'm afraid, and I'm the stereotypical fan, age-wise. 

But, in deference to the purple one (no, not THAT one...), I'm sorry, everybody. 

*hangs head in shame*

Ben

6 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

My guesses:

End of Jan: D. Rizzle legend slot

Mid Feb: Mr Grohltivator and the lads

Late March: The Sheeranator

Balance week: First poster

Seems about right to me, based on recent years.  If we are lucky something comes out around the time of the NME awards middle of next month, but mostly that particular well seems to have dried up in recent years it seems.

Really looking forward to the first poster, got a couple of friends coming for the first time this year and something to drive the enthusiasm would be nice.

Ill say this for the roses, I was never their stereotypical fan base, im a metal fan first and foremost, I was never `into` the scene they were a part of, they totally passed me by and its only the last few years ive properly had a listen but that first album is absolutely wicked, so many hooks and just `feel good` tunes......and you cant say I only like em because of nostalga because I never knew a single track of theres back in the day (other then the fools gold video when It was on rotation on mtv 2 occasionally)

I see looking at the thingy , last year in February there was a gluttony of announcements ,

I am hoping they do this again this year , all this waiting around with other festivals announcing left right and center grinds my gears. I know it's Glastonbury and they do things differently , doesn't make it right

#AHTT!

Usually the headliner announcements are once the press start guessing, but as that's happened a while ago (if @eFestivals is right) we might be waiting a while yet. I expect Ed will be announced once he's sold out his tour. God knows about the Foos - have they got any gigs this summer?

Anyway it's a bit too early for crackpot theories about announcement dates, but I look forward to seeing @Yellow Chicken again this spring.

Didn't Emily say somewhere that she expects there'll be more announcements in the new year? Hang on, let me check...

Yep!

When asked if we could expect a new announcement early next year, she replied: “Yeah I think so. Last couple of years we’ve announced things in May, but I’m sure there’ll be something early next year to keep people in the loop.

I'd say next up will be the ledge, then confirmation of a accidental self-confirmation or perhaps Sheeran. Poster late in the week before balance payments, full poster mid-late May.

When the initial poster comes out, what I do is mute Facebook messenger in advance of the drop so no one can pop up and ruin what I'm about to do, then open the poster blind once it lands and zoom quickly right into the top left corner without seeing of the acts. Then I zoom out until the name of the first act fits on my screen and gradually go through the acts one by one. Builds up a lil bit of excitement for each one as though the acts were being slowly read out one by one on the radio.

Weird obviously but I enjoy doing it that way.

6 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

When the initial poster comes out, what I do is mute Facebook messenger in advance of the drop so no one can pop up and ruin what I'm about to do, then open the poster blind once it lands and zoom quickly right into the top left corner without seeing of the acts. Then I zoom out until the name of the first act fits on my screen and gradually go through the acts one by one. Builds up a lil bit of excitement for each one as though the acts were being slowly read out one by one on the radio.

Weird obviously but I enjoy doing it that way.

weirder than having an ipodtouch email address tbh imo 

14 hours ago, big__phil said:

#AHTT!

Usually the headliner announcements are once the press start guessing, but as that's happened a while ago (if @eFestivals is right) we might be waiting a while yet. I expect Ed will be announced once he's sold out his tour. God knows about the Foos - have they got any gigs this summer?

Anyway it's a bit too early for crackpot theories about announcement dates, but I look forward to seeing @Yellow Chicken again this spring.

You're joking about the Foos right? You saw all that passport nonsense surely? ;)

What I like to do is see the whole poster all at once. Because there's always one name that jumps out to me. Then I love looking at it again and again picking out all the stuff that you don't see at first.

what I love about glastonbury posters is that they require a lot of study to take all the acts in. I love to sit with a cup of coffee and go through it all 

#hipster

What I like to with the initial poster is to scan it and realise there's an awful lot of crap out there.

When the full line up with stages is released I like to look for the few names I want to see, realise that most of them clash, close the webpage and hope the real, much better organised line up is released the next day.

#betterhipster

5 hours ago, John the Moth said:

You're joking about the Foos right? You saw all that passport nonsense surely? ;)

No, just out the loop! In my defence I have interest in the band, so this just passed me by.

31 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

What I like to do is see the whole poster all at once. Because there's always one name that jumps out to me. Then I love looking at it again and again picking out all the stuff that you don't see at first.

what I love about glastonbury posters is that they require a lot of study to take all the acts in. I love to sit with a cup of coffee and go through it all 

#hipster

Yeah I have the same approach. Last year I was on holiday so could only have a glance. Then over the next few days/weeks I enjoyed spotting more acts I didn't the first time around.