Common People 2017 (Southampton & Oxford)

jakecase

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Callum_96 said:

I know one of the headliners is Pete Tong with his Orchestra thing the other is apparently another dance act theres no one of Duran Duran's size their this year though 

Pete Tong will be great. Let's hope the undercard is great as well. Hopefully I won't be left disappointed, but you can't complain for a £45 weekend.

5 hours ago, Callum_96 said:

I know one of the headliners is Pete Tong with his Orchestra thing the other is apparently another dance act theres no one of Duran Duran's size their this year though 

This is in May isn't it? I wonder if Leftfield might headline given they're touring the week before and are at Camp Besti. 

It'll be in the Metro at midnight again I guess anyway. 

3 hours ago, MattDavies__ said:

This is in May isn't it? I wonder if Leftfield might headline given they're touring the week before and are at Camp Besti. 

It'll be in the Metro at midnight again I guess anyway. 

I had a look in the charts thinking it would be someone more poppy and recent and decided upon Clean Bandit or The Chainsmokers

13 minutes ago, jonnyx said:

What have they done? 

This is like a completely different festival to last year. 

It seemed a much better mix of bands, and dance acts. 

Now itsmostly dance acts. 

Lineup as a whole is quite disappointing some pros but most of the acts I have seen or am seeing later in the year. Some would be fun to see such as Pete Tong and Sean Paul but this year is the worst so far since the first in 2015.

10 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

I think I'm the only one pleased with this line up.

My Nu Leng, Groove Armada, British Sea Power all on the same day has me very tempted for a Sunday day ticket. 

Thing that puts me off is that most of the acts here are elsewhere, and are at festivals I have already booked tickets too. You can catch an act like My Nu Leng anywhere. It's a shame Groove Armada only have a DJ set, their live set was fantastic when I saw them some years back.

Sean Paul is past his time anyway, and a couple friends of mine who went to Bestival last year said he wasn't too great.

It's a shame really, Common People has so much potential.

Also, very weird seeing a Foals DJ set on the Oxford lineup...

17 hours ago, mrlibertinedream said:

Absolutely shocking line up.....it just makes no sense to me!! A lot of my "Facebook pals" are raving about Sean Paul.....it's safe to say they've now been deleted 

Sean Paul is a joke. Heard he was quite rubbish at Bestival last year. Just puts me off in general really, not the sort of music I'd listen to (out of choice).

• 3 months later...