More Underage Drinking

Ok so I know this question has been talked about loads already on this site but the answers are always inconsistent, i don't know if i'm just looking in the wrong place or what. 

I'm 17 and going to Reading this summer, answers from underage people who have brought drinks to Reading festival are what I need, not any predictions of what may happen or any lectures, thanks so much. Answers from people who have gotten their bags searched as well would be helpful.

1st question: I heard that in entering, the searching of bags was random but is there a bigger chance of someone who looks younger being searched?

2nd: Do they actually check your ID before confiscating alcohol if any is found? Do they actually care?

3rd: Can you use images of your ID? For eg. can showing a picture of your passport details on your phone be used?

Thanks everyone, would be a massive help.

I would say you'd be fine, I've been going every year since I was 16 and I've always brought drink in with me. I heard they search one in 20 people but aslong as you're not rowdy queuing to get in I very much doubt you'll get searched. Also when you're in the camp site security won't confiscate drink from you unless it's in a glass bottle. You will struggle to get served at the various bars in the arena however

Edited by Count Bukakula

On first entry searches are random, I've been picked out every year though as I look a lot younger (I'm 25) and when they see alcohol they ask for my ID.

If you leave and re-enter the site with any bags you will get searched and again if alcohol is there you'll be asked for ID

ID has to be originals (e.g. Passport or Driving licence) from: http://www.readingfestival.com/information/essentials#info-section-34570

Please bring the original document as you won't be able to use a photocopied version. If you don’t have any of these, or don’t want to lose valuable documents on site, we suggest that you apply for a PASS approved ID, some of which are free to get.

• 2 weeks later...

Been at 16 and 17, not once been searched. Been with a group of 30-40 each time with about 3-4 being searched each year. Don't go in a big group through the entrance, be nice, don't look dodgy, don't wear a cap/pouch by the entrance as it'll just make them look at you. simple. There's a little supermarket in the festival too which you can just get someone over 18 to get you booze too. I've kept all my drinks in water bottles each year though. Though used caprisons for wireless festival last year, got searched and it worked. (you empty a caprisun without opening the top, slit a whole in the bottom and close it up carefully. it can get messy)

• 3 months later...