Sound City '17

Rose-Colored Boy

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Every year I hope this is gonna be great and every year... eh. Going to the John Cale thing anyway but not too arsed about the rest (although might be a good time for me to finally try and 'get' Metronomy)

Yeah it seemed to have finally taken a step up in 2015 when they moved to the new site and had a reasonably sized trio of headliners, but last year was naff and this appears to have chosen to double the day count but keep the same budget to be spread more thinly throughout

On 29/01/2017 at 5:55 PM, MattDavies__ said:

Any ideas how it is getting back to Manchester on a Saturday night after this? Assuming it's just about do-able? 

headliners usually finish around 11:30 so you would have to miss them if you where getting the train, luckily they are bit shit this year anyway.

might be worth looking at first train sunday morning 

• 2 months later...

I didn't realise there was a thread for this, went last year mainly for Catfish and The Coral and had a great weekend, so much so we reserved a hotel as early as possible for this year with the expectation we were going.

Really looking forward to this years, for my personal taste it has a lot more acts lower down and while the headliners aren't 'that' strong, The Kooks and The Cribs (who they've confirmed won't clash) will be a great end to the weekend.

Hoping they bring the ship back this year if the new location allows it, but presumably this is what the 'Pirate Stage' is on the latest poster?