BBC 6 Music Festival 2017

dentalplan

56 minutes ago, Lizzim said:

You should have got an email this morning, pretty much starting within 30 mins of doors opening. 

Thanks, yeah I did do but was hoping for specific times. Going to Academy on Sat so would like to know when Grandaddy are on. Also going Sun to Tramway so what's on when would be useful. Seems times were released for the 2016 version.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Fun times at the 02 last night.  Sparks played Amateur Hour :wub:

One spare ticket going begging for Papa Jack Foggy tomorrow afternoon......though we'll be going in fairly sharpish and you need to accompany the named ticket purchaser.

Sent you a message about that spare ticket

Really enjoyed the Barrowlands gig tonight after not being too excited about it beforehand. Didn't get there until Songhoy Blues but they were great, a lot of fun and I'd definitely try and see them at Glastonbury (presuming they play) if they're not clashing with anyone. Bonobo was great too, a much more powerful and intense set than I expected with Cirrus and Ontario being the highlights for me. Not a huge fan of either act by any means but both went down really well, crowd were really into it. That was easily the youngest I've felt in a crowd in years though, huge difference from my last gig on Monday which was Circa Waves which was completely the opposite.

Best bands I saw in order Sinkane, Temples, Future Islands, Sparks and Goldfrapp. All top quality though.

Met the lead singer of Future Islands, saw Mary Anne Hobbs, Mark Riley and shouted at Matt Everitt in the street from a Glasgow boozer.

Really, really great weekend. Organisation in the tramway was a bit piss poor. The smaller room being way too small and queues for the beer being way too long. Credit to the sound engineers though,  the sound was fantastic.

1 hour ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Best bands I saw in order Sinkane, Temples, Future Islands, Sparks and Goldfrapp. All top quality though.

Met the lead singer of Future Islands, saw Mary Anne Hobbs, Mark Riley and shouted at Matt Everitt in the street from a Glasgow boozer.

Really, really great weekend. Organisation in the tramway was a bit piss poor. The smaller room being way too small and queues for the beer being way too long. Credit to the sound engineers though,  the sound was fantastic.

Temples were absolutely fantastic. I only knew a few tracks of there's, so was going in mostly blind, but they blew me away. 

Friday night at the Barras was great. Sleaford Mods kicked it off with a bang, just a shame the crowd wasn't as big as they deserved. Warpaint bored me to tears, spent their set in the downstairs bar drinking Diesel. Ride were another pleasant surprise. Despite not knowing any of their stuff I really enjoyed them. The Jesus and Mary Chain nailed their set, perfect career spanning set, and Jim's vocals and William's guitar both sounded great. 

Saturday was just as good if not better. Haley Bonar was nice enough, if a bit mellow for the slightly lubricated state I was in by that point. The Lemon Twigs were exactly what I expected, Batshit insane, theatrical, mesmerising. Car Seat Headrest were the icing on the cake for me. I don't think you'll find a better indie band in the world than them at the moment. 

All in in all the weekend gets a 9/10 from me. Took a mark off for the ridiculous bar queues in the Barras on Friday. 

28 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Heh..don't think I waited more than about 30 seconds on the Saturday night.  Bar queues in the Tramway on the Sunday were also fine.

I'm probably being harsh blaming the festival for the queues to be fair. For some reason at the main bar people started forming three separate, one behind the other queues, which snaked out into the middle of the gig floor. I was livid.  

The Tramway on Saturday was oversold I think. Considering there was only two rooms there was a hell of a lot of people milling about not doing much. 

• 3 weeks later...