Coach/Train??

Popss

Hi guys,

So this year is going to be the first that my friend who normally drives us is not coming :( I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge about travelling by train or by coach and which is easier. I live in Bristol right next to the train station and I have friends who work on site that have kindly agreed to take my tent/booze down for me so carrying stuff isn't an issue whatsoever. I understand that the coach drops you off at the festival whereas there is a shuttle bus from castle Cary train station. 

See you all in June! :D

x

31 minutes ago, Popss said:

I understand that the coach drops you off at the festival whereas there is a shuttle bus from castle Cary train station.

That's about the size of it.

Because going via Train means connecting to a shuttle bus at Castle Cary, overall it'll take about 30-60 minutes longer than a National Express coach from Bristol Bus Station - However if you're starting from next to Temple Meads it'll take a while to get to the Bus Station anyway, so the train may be the better option for you especially as it's cheaper and doesn't need to be booked in advance.

There's also been someone on here in the past suggested taking a local bus from Bristol to Glastonbury Town Centre, and then connect to a Festival shuttle there as being the cheapest option, but for me that sounds like far too much extra hassle / risk for the sake of saving £5.

On the way back on the Monday, the Festival do run shuttles direct to Temple Meads so that's probably the best option for you if the queues aren't too bad.