Citadel 2017

scatteredscreens

What are peoples thoughts of other artists to play here this year?

Both years so far have had huge differences, however the rest of the artists are quite similar to the main headline act. Also Communion stage will have artists from their label on it, hence some of my guesses.

Also potentially that there will be other bands from Transgressive records.

I'm thinking/hoping:

• Dan Croll
  • Bears Den
  • Everything Everything (good friends with Foals, currently recording an album)
  • Declan Mckenna 
  • Blaenavon 
  • Gengahr
  • Hippo Campus

Would be over the moon with any of the three above. 

Anyone know when another announcement will be?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, gregory said:

A Blaze of Feather is Ben Howard's new thing apparently 

It needs to be Ben Howard to be that far up the lineup, as after a quick google there is hardly any satisfying results! Nothing on spotify either. 

The google results returns that either its:

-Ben Howards first signing on his label (Therefore shouldn't be that high up the bill)

-Ben Howards side project (Ok to be that far up the bill)

56 minutes ago, Stuielooie said:

CTL_Poster_PROGRAMME.jpg

A few for me in addition to Foals that I'll try and see:

Wild Beasts, Laura Marling, Michael Kiwanuka, RY X, Twin Peaks, Dan Croll...

Anyone recommend any others?

Sylvan Esso. They are great.

This has suddenly shot up my festival possibilities. Bonobo, Marling, Jake Isaac, Parcels and Blaze of Feathers if it is Ben Howard all pique my interest. Very reasonable price. I wish mates had more money so I could convince them to go to all of these sorts of events. Although this one could be a possiblity at getting my non-music loving other half to give it a go.

Will this sell out? and if so when do we think?

Edited by mjsell

1 hour ago, Stuielooie said:

CTL_Poster_PROGRAMME.jpg

A few for me in addition to Foals that I'll try and see:

Wild Beasts, Laura Marling, Michael Kiwanuka, RY X, Twin Peaks, Dan Croll...

Anyone recommend any others?

Nadine Shah also very very good and worth checking out

11 minutes ago, mjsell said:

This has suddenly shot up my festival possibilities. Bonobo, Marling, Jake Isaac, Parcels and Blaze of Feathers if it is Ben Howard all pique my interest. Very reasonable price. I wish mates had more money so I could convince them to go to all of these sorts of events. Although this one could be a possiblity at getting my non-music loving other half to give it a go.

Ah I think I've heard a few songs - Hey Mami or something? When I went in 2015 it was a chilled day out. Good luck! I don't think it will sell out till July, but seeing as Foals had nearly sold out their arena tour there is a possibility of it being sooner, being that this is their only UK date this year.

20 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Well, it seemed to have sold out on DICE so I'm not sure when/if it will for other websites but I think it'll be sooner rather than later.

EDIT: Saying that Lovebox's Friday tickets have also sold out on DICE so they may just have a small allocation. And depending on the link I go to for Citadel, it either directs me to the waiting list or let's me buy it outright. So ignore what I've said.

Edited by aidenlangan95

Just now, aidenlangan95 said:

Have you used last year's times? Caribou and Sigur Ros were considered as co-headliners and I don't think foals and bonobo are.

" The Main Stage will be the musical heart of Citadel; a platform that will host the likes of Laura Marling and Wild Beasts and the headlining performances from Foals and Bonobo that will serve as the day’s crescendo. "

20 minutes ago, Stuielooie said:

" The Main Stage will be the musical heart of Citadel; a platform that will host the likes of Laura Marling and Wild Beasts and the headlining performances from Foals and Bonobo that will serve as the day’s crescendo. "

Apologies for that then. Makes the festival even better in my opinion.