Citadel 2017

scatteredscreens

15 hours ago, Ivo said:

ben howard is now called that?

Apparently so.

For a band that has not released any material, and to be high up on the positioning of this festival and latitude it needs to include him and not just be 'the first band on his label'.

Looking at the Ben Howard reddit, apparently he hasn't liked the attention being fully on him.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, RedBalloon said:

what a fantastic line up! anyone who's been before can you tell me what the more culture side is like?? the sunday papers etc.

Being 21 when I went I was too interested in it. Now being 23 I'm still not interested in listening to people read, when I want to go for a full day of music. All the stands seem to look very quirky, and there's quite a lot of family activities too.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, AndrewSmith said:

So Foals have just be announced for Eden Sessions...

There goes the 'UK Festival Exclusive'

The way it's written in the press release suggests to me like there might have been a bit of negotiation with Fest Republic about that.

And to be fair, it's probably due to the band changing their minds about doing other shows, and FR being nice enough to allow it/them rather than hold the band to the contract they signed.

I know from various stuff that Melvin genuinely wants exclusives and books bands on that basis - but then he's a bastard cos it turns out not to be true, and he'd be a bastard if he held the band to their contract and stopped them playing other shows. It's one of those things where he loses, sort-of.

43 minutes ago, AndrewSmith said:

So Foals have just be announced for Eden Sessions...

There goes the 'UK Festival Exclusive'

I'm almost sure the only major festival they will headline is the one they've co-headlined now......or Bestival if it's still considered major/even really a thing.

16 hours ago, eFestivals said:

The way it's written in the press release suggests to me like there might have been a bit of negotiation with Fest Republic about that.

And to be fair, it's probably due to the band changing their minds about doing other shows, and FR being nice enough to allow it/them rather than hold the band to the contract they signed.

I know from various stuff that Melvin genuinely wants exclusives and books bands on that basis - but then he's a bastard cos it turns out not to be true, and he'd be a bastard if he held the band to their contract and stopped them playing other shows. It's one of those things where he loses, sort-of.

Yeah I got the below response from them with their full statement:

• 1 month later...

So 'A blaze of feather' just had their first track played on Radio 1 - Carousel.

Sounded quite interesting.. Apparently its Mikey Smith (Ben Howards old guitarist) being backed by Ben Howard and his band..

I guess they are just using Ben Howard as marketing to get easier publicity

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

"The cat's out the bag ... our UK festival exclusive headliners Foals will be playing an extra-special show at #Citadel17, consisting of 'old songs and rarities'". 

Nice, can't wait for this! Get the impression this is the last we'll see from them for a few years.

• 4 weeks later...
On 02/06/2017 at 10:39 AM, WoodyGooner said:

I'm keen to go to this, love Foals and Bonobo. I saw that last year ticketmaster had a promotion deal, http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/promo/fhwowm

Does anyone know if this event usually sells out or if I hang on I'm likely to get more of a deal on a ticket?

8 hours ago, willd255 said:

This

Nah I don't think so. They struggled to give away tickets last year whereas this time I think it ran straight through to the final pricing tier when it was just Foals announced (tho it's still not sold out) so I think it's a lot less likely there'll be cheapies and time is running out.

11 hours ago, Odessa said:

Anyone know how tight security is here? Wanna sneak some spirits in cos it sounds like the bar is extortionate. 

Went to Lovebox last year which is held on the Fri and Sat of that weekend and it was the tightest security I've ever seen in my 20+ years of festival going. Two bag searches and frisks and dogs. Have a couple in the pub across the road first as the beer is bottled and expensive.

1 hour ago, johnl said:

Went to Lovebox last year which is held on the Fri and Sat of that weekend and it was the tightest security I've ever seen in my 20+ years of festival going. Two bag searches and frisks and dogs. Have a couple in the pub across the road first as the beer is bottled and expensive.

Nightmare. Cheers for the info though, appreciated!

Hey guys!

none of my mates want to go to Citadel this year so I was wondering if anyone wants to meet up?

If you're going alone and wouldn't mind some extra company, let me know!

Thrilled to see Bonobo and Michael Kiwanuka.