Boots... Lets Get Some!

Stretlow

This isn't a Boots v Wellies thread  (that's silly), I've looked through historical posts but there's no recent ones. so...

I'm in the hunt for some new ones that I can walk in before the festival (old ones are goosed).  Bout £100 but might be stretched to a little more ...

I know we have some lovers of boots on here so would anyone be kind enough to recommend me some I can add to a list?

Muchos Gracias

6 hours ago, jfaragher said:

Get some second hand Brasher Hillmasters off eba for about £40.

Soft leather, goretex liner, comfortable (and can be made more so with gel insoles and with a bit of care (cleaning / wax) will last forever

Thanks for the advice but im going to treat myself to a new pair :)

I've got these:

http://www.millets.co.uk/womens/122301-merrell-womens-grassbow-sport-mid-gore-tex-hiking-boot.html/711022/?istCompanyId=b238823a-59fd-4816-9c36-7dd47877f2a8&istItemId=raxrmplpw&istBid=tzil&gclid=CjwKEAiAqozEBRDJrPem0fPKtX0SJAD5sAyHueOswHi2Z7Qw4NN4MuO-jpI6xhrgku4hBF5U_yFubBoCcrTw_wcB

They are 'mid-rise' but I will say, I never had an issue with mud and I wore them all last year, I have debated gaiters but never got around to getting any.

Millets actually have a sale on at the moment. I opted for lightweight, breathable ones. Purely because my feet get hot quickly! If you get them in the next coming months, you'll have plenty of time to bed them in before the festival :) that's likely the most important bit I'd say!

I'll second Salomon. I have these: http://www.salomon.com/uk/product/comet-3d-gtx.html?article=370711

Relatively light, comfortable, waterproof. Highly recommend them. One thing I would say, go to a shop (I went to Gooutdoors) and try loads of paris on. I must have tried every Goretex boot they had in my size, keep them on for a few minutes, wander round the sop. It's a big investment so you need to make sure they are right.

I am also going to change this year, and the main thing for me is I want some that are lightweight.

I find with wellies, especially last year because of the mud, that my feet get too hot and sweaty to the point where I am certain they have leaks!

Be nice to find a pair that are so good that they handle mud like last year without having to switch to wellies.

Merrel Moabs.  These are mine from last year, on muddy lane with gaiters (mine were £15 or so from trespass) and decent socks.  I replace them every 3 or 4 years or so once the goretex gives up.   They dont take any breaking in.  Wear them with decent socks (I use 1000 mile ones)  and you'll be dancing all weekend.:)

Edited by funkyuk

On 23/01/2017 at 6:19 PM, karaseen said:

My Merrell boots, despite being lightweight, just feel very clunky.  Was wondering if my Doc Martins would hold up. Anyone ever try????

I used to wear DMs to Glasto in the 90's.  they kept my feet dry but needed to be in decent nick.  Like all things (including merrel's and Salomon boots, they wear out.  if they're old and leak a little in sole, they will leak a lot at a 5 day glastonbury.  Newish one will do you perfectly.  I only gave up the DMs at Glasto, because my feet feel much less fatigued in merrells in my old age.

1 hour ago, funkyuk said:

I used to wear DMs to Glasto in the 90's.  they kept my feet dry but needed to be in decent nick.  Like all things (including merrel's and Salomon boots, they wear out.  if they're old and leak a little in sole, they will leak a lot at a 5 day glastonbury.  Newish one will do you perfectly.  I only gave up the DMs at Glasto, because my feet feel much less fatigued in merrells in my old age.

Thanks for the advice. My main concern is their breathability.  Not sure they are much better than Wellies.  I'll stick with my merrells. Ta!

• 2 weeks later...

I love this boot so much I have two pairs. One for the UK, the other for Australia. I don't like boots that go too high on the back ankle. It rubs and causes discomfort. This boot is perfect for that - there's a dip at the back but it's comfy and snug enough not to make much difference.

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

I love this boot so much I have two pairs. One for the UK, the other for Australia. I don't like boots that go too high on the back ankle. It rubs and causes discomfort. This boot is perfect for that - there's a dip at the back but it's comfy and snug enough not to make much difference.

Like the look of those, doesn't look like you can get them here though now

Brasher have been taken over by berghaus.

You can still get supalites they just have a berghaus badge on them. They often have brasher stamped on inside of tongue.

I got a pair of Brasher a few years ago thanks to recommendations seen here and love them.