Boots... Lets Get Some!

Stretlow

On 25/02/2017 at 8:33 PM, guypjfreak said:

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/hi-tec-v-lite-altitude-pro-lite-rgs-hiking-boot-p350238

Just got these.. Really good.. My last Hi tec boots lasted for ten years.. And rightly had there last outing last year at Glastonbury.. 

Bargain price too !  I need to get some boots.  *adds it to the list*

I wore (non leather) walking boots on Sunday last year (with waterproof trousers, not a bad combo). Obviously they we're completely caked in mud. Struggled to clean them and finally resorted to the washing machine... certainly got them clean but no surprise, they are no longer waterproof. Does anyone have any recommendations for (re)waterproofing spray? Thanks 

2 hours ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

I wore (non leather) walking boots on Sunday last year (with waterproof trousers, not a bad combo). Obviously they we're completely caked in mud. Struggled to clean them and finally resorted to the washing machine... certainly got them clean but no surprise, they are no longer waterproof. Does anyone have any recommendations for (re)waterproofing spray? Thanks 

You can nikwax them or go old school and use candle wax... 

18 minutes ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

Thanks, will look for nikwax, I can't imagine the mess I would make with candlewax!

Lol yea I reckon candle wax is going a little bit too far lol.. There is a spray that you can buy from those pound land place... Do not use that it's crap lol. Nikwax is a bit expensive but does work just make sure you get the right one yea. Peace. G