New Area

Charm

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

If you walk between Pyramid & Other on the Silver Hayes side, you're walking through Saxon markets.  If it's going to be a big late night area, as it sounds, it's a great spot to have something new.

I feel that this area is a lot more open than others. Dont really spend much time down there though

59 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

If you walk between Pyramid & Other on the Silver Hayes side, you're walking through Saxon markets.  If it's going to be a big late night area, as it sounds, it's a great spot to have something new.

Wouldn't a late night area that close to the pyramid field be a bit risky. There used to be some nasty crowd crushes around there if I'm thinking of the right area

46 minutes ago, Purple aki squat said:

Wouldn't a late night area that close to the pyramid field be a bit risky. There used to be some nasty crowd crushes around there if I'm thinking of the right area

There's quite a long stretch to play with - from the Beat Hotel all the way along the side of Silver Hayes/backstage to Other. If they put it in the middle of that there needn't be any crushes.

11 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

There's some damn good eating around there - I hope nobody loses their spot!

Nice idea though if it's a late night area, as it'll hopefully spread more people around between SE Corner, Park/Arcadia and now Saxon/Silver Hayes.

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Looking forward to a new late night area playing dance music for a change, just what the festival needs. :unsure:

We are over the moon to announce that we will be working with Glastonbury Festival this year, turning what was previously the Saxon market, into an entirely new area with fully interactive and immersive decor, two new venues will become the central point of the area hosting bands and DJ's.

Might be less dance oriented than other late night venues 

5 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Interestingly, I'm pretty sure I've found their Facebook page, but can't see any statement about Glastonbury on there:

https://www.facebook.com/CLOUD-9-Productions-380361232141113/

I did see an announcement on there yesterday, they must of been told to take it down. 
Charm x

At this time of anxiety and uncertainty and gnashing of teeth at the festival's future...I'm really excited at this news - so good spot, Charm.

I want to like Silver Hayes more, but it's just a bit 'unwelcoming' to me, compared with the rest of the site (though I do like the Beat Hotel). And, from the YouTube link for the Cloud9 team it looks like they could put on quite a party...

Ben