The Variety Bazaar

JoeyT

34 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Yeah, you can't help feeling from this, and a couple of other bits about negotiations that have slipped out over the last few years that the Eavii would be shockingly bad at playing poker. They'd raise you 50 with a deadly look in their eyes, then tell a neighbour exactly what cards they're holding.

I think they full-well know what, which is why they're actually doing it this time, rather than just grandstanding about planning to do it. They're bad at making empty threats sure, but in this case the gun is fully loaded and while they'd rather not sure I think they have every intention of doing so. I mean, you don't actually rent another site and run an entire other festival there just as a bluff...

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

With what has been drip fed over the last few months followed by recent revelations, I can't help but feel that agreement has been reached with a bunch of Somerset landowners.......

Aye, seems quite a sea change that VB is now slated for 2021! 

5 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

From the horse's mouth......

The festival will hopefully be at Worthy in 2019 but plans are being put in place for an alternative site if it is required. The alternative site is just north of Swindon.

Hmmm barrington park estate?

Soooooooo much work that needs to be done before you can drop a festival the size of Glastonbury on somewhere, the logistics, the permits, licencing, police, council meetings, keeping the locals happy, even the bloody longdrops. The work they'll have to put into this is huge. 2021 makes sense.  

Everyone got a bit carried away back there eh? The only time I smiled today was when Russy asked "why isn't it as good as it used to be?" Half the rented land is used for car parking, can't GFL just shift the parking elsewhere (cheaper) and shuttle bus everyone in.  "Glastonbury Festival itself will always be at Worthy Farm" EE.

11 hours ago, Smeble said:

Hmmm barrington park estate?

Not heard of that one.

I've just mailed someone I know who's localish to 'just north of Swindon' and is likely to have a very good knowledge of land ownership/possible festie sites in that area, so it'll be interesting to hear what ideas he has.

If/when he gets back to me, I'll let you know. :)

19 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I find that very VERY hard to believe.

There were just 2 full time staff about 5 years ago.

In June 2015 ME said they had 20 full time staff. 16 months later he said that they had 30. It might be that they really had a 50% increase over that period, or that there was just a small increase and he was rounding numbers off. Or just guessing. Whatever it is 20-30 seems to be the ballpark.

39 minutes ago, musky said:

In June 2015 ME said they had 20 full time staff. 16 months later he said that they had 30. It might be that they really had a 50% increase over that period, or that there was just a small increase and he was rounding numbers off. Or just guessing. Whatever it is 20-30 seems to be the ballpark.

somewhere around 20 is my own take on the numbers they have now. I know they've grown the numbers to many more than the 2 they used to have.

It was the 100 that someone said that I was disputing.