The Variety Bazaar

JoeyT

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 18/01/2017 at 10:38 AM, russycarps said:

Yep it's a grim thought indeed. But we've just lost david bowie, prince, leonard cohen and all the rest. We shouldnt really be surprised to see glastonbury go the same way. We are now well and truly in an era where a constant stream of death and misery will prevail. Until we ourselves die.

Best eFest post of all time?

19 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Agree with all of that 100%, SL. 

The only caveat being that were 2020 to become the known last one at Worthy, I would likely have a frickin stroke in anxiety about failing on T-Day. And I'd get all arrogant and irrational and unreasonable about bucket list arses clambering for MY ticket when it doesn't MEAN anything to them...

Ben

I'm not certain that the last festival would be announced as such beforehand.  There's no need to advertise it as such to boost ticket demand, and security concerns over non-ticket holders besieging the place may be too great.  Knowing it's the last could also give rise to increased anti-social behaviour, site damage as people attempt to gather souvenirs etc and a heightened sense of 'we might as well go out with a bang' across the site lifting crime figures etc.

Personally I'd also prefer not to know.

54 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Agree with all of that 100%, SL. 

The only caveat being that were 2020 to become the known last one at Worthy, I would likely have a frickin stroke in anxiety about failing on T-Day. And I'd get all arrogant and irrational and unreasonable about bucket list arses clambering for MY ticket when it doesn't MEAN anything to them...

Ben

And someone has downvoted you for that comment - they don't realise how true all the above is ;-)

On 18/01/2017 at 1:06 PM, JoeyT said:

So Emily has posted a picture of Glastonbury Tor on her instagram which got me thinking...

Why didn't they call it "Glastonbury Tour" instead of that crap bazaar name.

Opportunity missed :lol:

I've registered just to quote this post as it made me laugh out loud :D

on topic reply: I'm certainly interested in the new location, wherever it may be, but if I didn't manage to get a ticket in the inevitable ticket rush, then I suspect I wouldn't be as upset as if I didn't get a Pilton one. Though saying that, 2017 will be my 19th Glastonbury as though sheer luck I've managed to get a ticket for each one since 1995 (though getting tickets back then was pretty much going to the Ticket Shop in Bristol and buying one in my lunchour)

I love the current location as I know where everything is now :D

5 minutes ago, paulshane said:

I've registered just to quote this post as it made me laugh out loud :D

on topic reply: I'm certainly interested in the new location, wherever it may be, but if I didn't manage to get a ticket in the inevitable ticket rush, then I suspect I wouldn't be as upset as if I didn't get a Pilton one. Though saying that, 2017 will be my 19th Glastonbury as though sheer luck I've managed to get a ticket for each one since 1995 (though getting tickets back then was pretty much going to the Ticket Shop in Bristol and buying one in my lunchour)

I love the current location as I know where everything is now :D

Hoping you post more now that you are registered, I'm sure you must have lots of helpful/interesting stuff to share after so many festivals. 
Charm x

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

that can't be right tho, unless the new fest is going to run in the same year as a Glasto fest.

That's the bit I've not understood with this whole thing. Unless the new event DOES happen in 2018, I can't see them missing the 50th anniversary in Pilton in 2019, so would the new one not happen until 2023?