Jamiroquai

Justiceforcedave

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw them play a charity type gig a good few years ago, went with a friend.  Not the biggest fan in the world but I enjoyed a couple of the albums.  They put on a great live show, really good fun.  Not a 100% must see at Glastos, but a 'depending on clashes'.  Could be a great shout on WH.

12 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

While the band are yet to announce any UK dates, they are rumoured to be set to sign up to play Glastonbury.

http://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/celebrity-news/jamiroquai-announce-comeback-as-they-tease-first-new-video-in-seven-years-a3442551.html

An unsourced rumour! What a time to be alive.

Awww this would get me excited 

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

that'll be 1994, then. I saw him too.

I'm not quite sure how him smoking spliffs from the stage went down with channel 4's afternoon audience. :P

Yes, I go back that far. I'm the sort of person that would gladly smack him in the face given the chance, so he did really well to win me around. I think doubters might be surprised.

22 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

a friend of a friend used to play in the band. I could tell you a story, or I could keep it simple. I'll go for simple, and yep, apparently he's a bit of an unworldy arsehole.

The band is feckin' tight tho.

I'm sure this friend of a friend turning a fee screws could find out if theyre playing 

3 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I'm sure this friend of a friend turning a fee screws could find out if theyre playing 

There's a few problems with that.

Firstly my friend is not someone I'm still in contact with or able to contact, tho I could make contact in a roundabout way if i really wanted to.

But secondly, Jamiroquai isn't a band, it's Jay plus whatever musicians he's employed at that moment in time - they're salaried musicians on his payroll, rather than 'band members'.

Which means that the friend of a friend isn't really likely to still be in the band, given that it was 15 or more years ago, and there's been no active Jamiraquai for 5+ years. He'll have found something else to do, and probably won't be mad keen to team up with Jay again anyway.

Ah, yeah, good old jay Kay, with his well written verses about the plight of the environment in the inlay to the 'emergency on planet earth album' , and his subsequently amassed collection of 8 litre cars.

Never has a band I've rated so highly and loved the early stuff so much fallen so far to the point where I wouldn't go anywhere near it now...

shame, cos there's tracks on EOPE and return of the space cowboy that are f'ing great.