Kris Kristofferson.....

waterfalls212434

16 hours ago, The Nal said:

I'm glad I saw him. He knows hes not at the races but couldn't give a shit.

An old timer on his last round plays the Pyramid Stage. Fair fucks to him. 

Absolutely. The guy's the real deal. May not be everyone's cup of tea but Glastonbury's always been about diversity. To call it a farcical booking is unwarranted.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was down the front and enjoyed his set throughout. It was far from perfect but with his age and publicised memory issues that was to be expected. For me it was a privalige to see one of the greatest Outlaw Country artists of all time. I've thought about the starkness of it all and have come to the conclusion it was both brave and necessary. If he is struggling with his memory having a full band on stage would have been too confusing for him, and the two guitarists guided him well to bring him back on track when he went a bit off. In hindsight he would have been better suited on the Acoustic Stage where he would have had a more dedicated fan base and less of people just waiting around for Royal Blood, The XX and Radiohead.

There was one incident that made me so so angry and that was of a young lad late teens esrly twenties who decided it was big and clever to throw a bottle towards the stage whilst KK was on, luckily it did not make the stage rather hit the greenpeace sign below. He was told in no uncertain terms by myself and a fellow audience member that his behaviour was unacceptable (might not have been as polite as that). He left rather quickly after that.

Edited by TheSheriff
Grammar

15 minutes ago, TheSheriff said:

I was down the front and enjoyed his set throughout. It was far from perfect but with his age and publicised memory issues that was to be expected. For me it was a privalige to see one of the greatest Outlaw Country artists of all time. I've thought about the starkness of it all and have come to the conclusion it was both brave and necessary. If he is struggling with his memory having a full band on stage would have been too confusing for him, and the two guitarists guided him well to bring him back on track when he went a bit off. In hindsight he would have been better suited on the Acoustic Stage where he would have had a more dedicated fan base and less of people just waiting around for Royal Blood, The XX and Radiohead.

There was one incident that made me so so angry and that was of a young lad late teens esrly twenties who decided it was big and clever to throw a bottle towards the stage whilst KK was on, luckily it did not make the stage rather hit the greenpeace sign below. He was told in no uncertain terms by myself and a fellow audience member that his behaviour was unacceptable (might not have been as polite as that). He left rather quickly after that.

Totally agree with all of the above.

We found it a very entertaining set, its refreshing to see something different and someone act in such a humble and honest manor.

It will remain one of our biggest and best memories of 2017 along with the Royal blood set (not a fan of either - but their sets were wonderful for very different reasons).

I was at the front and for me it veered from being, in places, uncomfortable to watch, to being sublime (Help me make it through the night is one of my favourite songs ever !).  It was never going to be a rousing set, and I do think the acoustic tent would have been a better venue for him, as it was for Art the previous year.  However saying that I do hope that when I reach the ripe old age of 80 I have the gumption to do something as similarly epic as playing the Pyramid Stage.