Kris Kristofferson.....

waterfalls212434

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, 40 Days said:

Turned out to be a farcical booking tbh, absolutely dire and a complete waste of a prime slot. Luckily three of the best acts of the entire weekend followed.

Nah come on. Mighta been a bad show but I guess he was playing to the best of his ability and the six decades he's put into the game and planted himself in history say he's got a right to be on that stage. The Royal Bloods coming on after will be lucky to make it to two decades.

Edited by dentalplan

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Bad's a strong word.  There were a few fluffs here and there but he did his full hour and his voice was holding up.  It was just a downbeat, bare bones sort of affair and the spectre of mortality did hang a bit heavy.

I'm also in the "glad I saw it" camp.

That wasn't my comment on it - I wasn't there nor have I seen any footage - but I was just saying if 40 Days thought it was bad that's fair enough but you can't really knock 'em for wanting to put Kris Kristofferson on the main stage.

3 hours ago, arcade fireman said:

Those halloumi cones are one of the most disappointing things I've eaten at Glasto. They promise so much but in the end it's three bits of over cooked halloumi, doused in way too much sauce which once you've eaten all you're left with is bread and salad. 

Yep, absolute shite!

When I saw him a couple of years ago at Roskilde he was completely solo, i.e. even more sparse. He was on the main stage there too, but a bit earlier in the day. Agree with @stuartbert two hats that country music is the very genre that lends itself to keeping going until the very end (think Johnny Cash).

I enjoyed it, watched it back since and enjoyed it again. Glad I went, for sure. So many good songs. Funny how we all see things so differently. We were right at the front. Had a good sing along.

I actually wanted to see him but missed it, he was on my must see list but was poorly.. I knew  his voice would be a bit knackered but he was still a huge singer in his time and would have been a privilege to see him on stage 

Was looking forward to a singalong 

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yeah - you didn't miss a singalong.

You obviously weren't by us goons. Well I say sing along. More like ruin the song along

15 hours ago, The Nal said:

I'm glad I saw him. He knows hes not at the races but couldn't give a shit.

An old timer on his last round plays the Pyramid Stage. Fair fucks to him. 

Agreed. I described it to my wife as 'endearingly shambolic'. It was more genuine than a lot of stuff I saw over the 5 days.

It was exactly as i expcted. 80 year old fella comes out, looks frail, plays some well known songs. Exactly what we all knew the booking would be. No surprises there, surely? If the festival books this type of act, we all know the score, right?

Just now, Mardy said:

It was exactly as i expcted. 80 year old fella comes out, looks frail, plays some well known songs. Exactly what we all knew the booking would be. No surprises there, surely? If the festival books this type of act, we all know the score, right?

I did think the rest of the band would join in.