Wireless Festival 2017

NickisGinger

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Lineup this month. It looks like Finsbury Park might not be the venue - their website says they're working with local councils to secure a location and will have a decision by the end of Feb. Be interesting to see if there's any downscaling - did last year's sell well? If the event continues in its current format I'll take a guess at The Weeknd, Justin Bieber & Disclosure. 

The headliner mix is gonna be mind-boggling and stupid again. I'm gonna go for something like: The Weeknd, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis/The Chainsmokers coheadline, Chance the Rapper/Rudimental coheadline. And then special guests like Bastille, Nas and Sean Paul or something. They'll probably steal it on the rap undercard; there are a lot of top hip hop festivals around that time.

1 hour ago, JSmurphy said:

Lineup this month. It looks like Finsbury Park might not be the venue - their website says they're working with local councils to secure a location and will have a decision by the end of Feb.

the locals have been kicking off about the use of the park by a festie they've taken a dislike to (not without reasons), and they've got some sort of appeal hearing coming up which might get the fest stopped.

I'd guess, tho, that Finsbury Park is still the preferred location, if it can be sorted. Melvin has 20+ years experience of running events there.

I found this, My Polish isnt very god, If someone could maybe translate

Krótkie podsumowanie o artystach dostępnych bądź nie w terminie Open’era, bo wiem ze większość z Was wybiera się na ta imprezę. Czego można się spodziewać w poniedziałek, ewentualnie w późniejszych ogłoszeniach? kto dostępny, a kto nie?
1 - Ci co graja gdzieś w tygodniu Openera
ROYAL BLOOD - Werchter 30/6, Garorock 2/7
TRAVIS SCOTT - Bravalla 30/6
GEORGE EZRA - Open Air St.Gallen
MØ - Garorock 30/6
LORDE - Werchter 29/6, Roskilde
RAG’N’BONE - Roskilde
THE KILLS - Werchter 2/7
A TRIBE CALLED QUEST - Roskilde
WARPAINT - Roskilde 28/6, Vida Festival 1/7
ALT-J - Wlochy 28/6, St.Gallen 29/6, Werchter 2/7
PHOENIX - Vida 29/6, Garorock 30/6
BIFFY CLYRO - St.Gallen, Main Square 30/6
M.I.A - Garorock 1/7
FLEET FOXES - Vida 1/7
PLACEBO - Rumunia 28/6, Grecja 1/7
LONDON GRAMMAR - Garorock 1/7
MAJOR LAZER - Main Square 1/7
DIE ANTWOORD - Provinssirock 29/6. Bravalla 30/6, Garorock 1/7

2 - Trasa (jak na razie) rusza po Opku
  • TWO DOOR CINEMA CLUB - brak koncertu w Polsce podczas wiosennej trasy, jest szansa
  • THE KOOKS - jak na razie tylko występ na festiwalu w Szkocji 8/7
  • WOLF ALICE - jak na razie tylko Madryt 6/7
  • PIXIES - pierwszy koncert w Londynie 6/7
  • LIAM GALLAGHER - Serbia, Szkocja w pierwszym tygodniu lipca
  • IGGY POP - 3 koncerty we Francji na 3 festiwalach (7-10 lipca) i nic więcej jak na razie

3 - Inni
  • MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS - koncerty na początku czerwca, a potem dopiero polowa lipca
  • CATFISH & THE BOTTLEMEN - wiosna i sierpień w USA, 8 czerwiec Anglia, 8 lipiec Szkocja
  • FRANK OCEAN - pierwsza polowa czerwca - Primavera, Dania, Manchester, a potem dopiero polowa lipca i Londyn
  • EDITORS - duzo w czerwcu, a następna data to 8 lipca we Francji
  • LADY GAGA - w poniedziałek ogłasza trasę światową, nie mam pojęcia jakie terminy, jakie eventy, ale kto wie?

4 - 0.01 % szans
  • KASABIAN, THE KILLERS, ARCADE FIRE - miejsca headlinerow zajęte
  • FRANZ FERDINAND - na dobre ruszają w trasę pod koniec lipca
  • THE LUMINEERS - 29/6 USA, 1/7 Roskilde

• 2 weeks later...

Drake said he's doing his own fest - whether that's true or not I dunno but he's probably too big for Wireless now and is more likely to do his own huge park or stadium show.

Read a rumour about him doing Wembley Stadium but the same source said he was doing Glasto which isn't looking likely.

Edited by dentalplan