Unlikely acts you'd love to see

kalifire

I couldn't make the Festival last year, so I'm disappointed that I probably won't get to see John Grant, who was there but probably won't be in June for what would basically be the same set.

As usual, I'll be disappointed not to see The Roots.

Any artists you can think of who probably won't be there but you'd love them to be?

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me there's loads. I agree with Tom Waits but really can't see it. Also 'classic' artists like Santana and Ry Cooder would be amazing. Would also like to see artists I missed last year when I was post-op and couldn't get round the site very well, especially Sigur Ros, Richard Hawley and John Grant. But hey ho I'm sure this year will be great and throw up some gems.

Steven Wilson

Tool

A Perfect Circle (confirmed touring USA next year, new album, no world tour dates announced yet)

Haken

None of those bands will play next year though I wouldn't think, Haken will have finished touring and I can't imagine where they'd fit in, APC will likely stay in USA (prime wine season for Maynard) and SW same as Haken. Tool - law unto themselves it seems

Edited by mungo57

3 hours ago, oneeye said:

...Feeder...

Is there a reason why they're unlikely? They seem perfect for the Other Stage whilst basking in the Sun.

For me:

Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes (many other heavier bands who's genre is the most overlooked in my opinion)

Will Smith

Dirtyphonics

6 minutes ago, Quark said:

A reformed REM.  Never going to happen.

Levellers.  Play occasionally but more focused on smaller fests and Beautiful Days.

Had a full, chronological R.E.M. listen recently due to this here forum. Not a moment wasted. 

Edited by Woffy
Missed a word out.

Ever since Ray Davies tweeted about The Kinks playing Glastonbury, and irrespective of brother Dave's dismissal of the notion, I've harboured unrealistic hopes of it happening. Picture the scene; Saturday evening Pyramid stage as the sun starts setting. The Kinks playing their first gig in over 20 years. Wall to wall bangers. The crowd realise they know most of them prompting mass singalongs, it's a set that will go down as a classic and re-affirms their position as one of the all time great British bands. And then Ed has to follow that.

Oh, and Nancy Sinatra at the Park please!