Unlikely acts you'd love to see

kalifire

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/13/2017 at 8:55 AM, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'm liking The Park's Grand Old Ladies of Music Slot - in recent years they've had Candy Staton, Yoko Ono, Mavis Staples and Ronnie Spector showing up.

So with that:

Darlene Love

Wanda Jackson

Betty Davis

or....um...Elkie Brooks or Bonnie Tyler :ph34r:

I like the way you think. I'd like an ESG return! Can't believe I missed them for a coked up incoherent Jack White.

2 hours ago, Untz said:

Oh boy, yes.

Saw Adam Green at Field Day last year and he did Who's Got The Crack. Almost brought a tear to my eye. I never got into Kimya's solo stuff though.

Ah yeah, bet that was great, I'd have been all over it. Would dig Adam at Glastonbury too.

Love Kimya. Same shit is one of my favourite songs.

so moldy peaches for Glastonbury then. Let's get this going.

8 hours ago, Untz said:

Oh boy, yes.

Saw Adam Green at Field Day last year and he did Who's Got The Crack. Almost brought a tear to my eye. I never got into Kimya's solo stuff though.

Oh Untz, you like The Moldy Peaches and you don't like Sweet Leaf Of The North? I'm starting to have serous doubts about you.

7 hours ago, tevaburger said:

she played last year. Other Stage.

i may have imagined it, but i think she finished up with some cover version of "Elderly Woman Behind the Counter In a Small Town"

Top of the range tune old son 

On ‎15‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 0:15 AM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Oh Untz, you like The Moldy Peaches and you don't like Sweet Leaf Of The North? I'm starting to have serous doubts about you.

I can only apologise for my behaviour.

Sweet Leaf Of The North is just too sentimental for the drunk or hungover state I invariably end up watching Mik in. I need more about garden ornaments and ex-US Secretary of States, less about debris on windscreen wipers.

2 hours ago, Untz said:

Sweet Leaf Of The North is just too sentimental for the drunk or hungover state I invariably end up watching Mik in. I need more about garden ornaments and ex-US Secretary of States, less about debris on windscreen wipers.

That's why I like it.  It stands out as a contrast to the sillier stuff - and invariably arrives to hit a sweet spot while I'm slightly worse for wear in some shape or form.

46 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

That's why I like it.  It stands out as a contrast to the sillier stuff - and invariably arrives to hit a sweet spot while I'm slightly worse for wear in some shape or form.

I realise I'm very much in a minority here. I think it would bother me less if it wasn't played so often - Dad Muscles is equally sappy, but it's not played every bloody time so I don't mind it. I saw a set once that was 95% ranting and waffling on and he still managed a coherent version of it.