Aphex Twin

blackg1000

See he's got a few dates lined up this year and a convenient gap at the end of June. He could easily headline, couldn't see it at the Park as it would be absolutely rammed. John Peel maybe? It would take someone monumental on another stage for me to miss him playing, I would even miss Radiohead for him. 

54 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Too big, surely?

Yeah, given his other dates, headlining field music, top billing at Primavera, the thought of him playing the Glade is just wishful thinking i reckon. Looks like he's going to be doing the whole thing properly, a full on show. Headlining the Other. 

25 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Yeah, given his other dates, headlining field music, top billing at Primavera, the thought of him playing the Glade is just wishful thinking i reckon. Looks like he's going to be doing the whole thing properly, a full on show. Headlining the Other. 

The rumour was, they were in talks and he wanted to headline the Other,  and they were only offering The Park 

1 hour ago, Mezhyp1 said:

The rumour was, they were in talks and he wanted to headline the Other,  and they were only offering The Park 

Ah, right, i see. Sorry, not been on here so much, as i failed on T-day and don't want to get my hopes up too much. They're bloody fools then, should definitely give him the Other and let him go wild.

9 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Ah, right, i see. Sorry, not been on here so much, as i failed on T-day and don't want to get my hopes up too much. They're bloody fools then, should definitely give him the Other and let him go wild.

You don't need to apologise Mardy, good luck in the resale (happy to help) 

I am in full agreement with you,  it would have been an incredible spectacle :(

He wouldn't have been able to draw the crowd for Other, and even if he did, it soon would've thinned. WH is about the right size stage for him I reckon and I think he would've done well there, but from the looks of his current live show and his bookings for this year he's all about the big stage bookings

I dunno. He obviously is considered a draw, or field day and Primavera wouldn't be putting him so high up. I can see what you mean, and sure the crowd would thin out, but there would also be a lot of people right up for it. Seems to me it fills the brief of the Other stage exactly. I reckon they've been proper short sighted there.

43 minutes ago, Mardy said:

I dunno. He obviously is considered a draw, or field day and Primavera wouldn't be putting him so high up. I can see what you mean, and sure the crowd would thin out, but there would also be a lot of people right up for it. Seems to me it fills the brief of the Other stage exactly. I reckon they've been proper short sighted there.

Field Day headliners aren't Other headliners though. Last year's played WH headline and Other sub, and you'll see a similar pattern in previous years 

4 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Field Day headliners aren't Other headliners though. Last year's played WH headline and Other sub, and you'll see a similar pattern in previous years 

Also he's like a secondary headliner thing at Field Day this year, they haven't said the performer for the main stage yet. I don't think he's gonna be there, as much as I want him to be there.

• 3 weeks later...