McCor

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, oneoftherest said:

Both Count Of Ten festivals so they'll be sharing at least one headliner I'd have thought

No longer Count of Ten festivals.

Tramlines is run by Sheffield venues. Truck and Y Not are now part of the Global Live/Festivals and Broadwick Live portfolios

But Y Not / Truck / Tramlines will be sharing the odd act! 

Edited by craigb

I can see The Libertines doing it. They are big in terms of popularity, but not too big to turn down a festival of this size. Small for them, but a huge headliner for Truck.

Courteeners also a possibility? Who knows, just have to wait!

33 minutes ago, McCor said:

I can see The Libertines doing it. They are big in terms of popularity, but not too big to turn down a festival of this size. Small for them, but a huge headliner for Truck.

Courteeners also a possibility? Who knows, just have to wait!

The Libs are way too big for truck, they headlined reading only 2 years ago, no way will they agree to headline truck, or that truck can even afford them. 

My money is on Frank Turne, he headlined Wood Festival a few years ago who's run by the guys who run Truck and apparently still gets on really well with them. 

Another outsider could be the Kaiser Chiefs, doing a big arena tour and free around that weekend. 

55 minutes ago, Billbones said:

It will be the libertines for truck and tramlines!

Tbf the libertines rely on their old success and their reading crowd was a lot smaller than most of the other Reading headliners. If it is true and Truck have booked a bigger headliner than expected I could see them throwing money and potentially being able to attract the libertines especially with tickets being more expensive... We'll have to see come next monday though... 

It will not be the Libertines! If it is I promise to never post on here again. I'm confident Libs will not do it.

If Truck are going for the typical Libertines crowd they'd book someone like Courteeners who would be a lot cheaper and probably go down better as they're a lot more relevant.

Nobody's mentioned The Kooks yet, they're going on a big tour and would perfect headliner size.

17 hours ago, BeddingatReading said:

It will not be the Libertines! If it is I promise to never post on here again. I'm confident Libs will not do it.

If Truck are going for the typical Libertines crowd they'd book someone like Courteeners who would be a lot cheaper and probably go down better as they're a lot more relevant.

Nobody's mentioned The Kooks yet, they're going on a big tour and would perfect headliner size.

It will though'

1 hour ago, craigb said:

I've never got this. When people ask for a source. What you expecting in reply. Festival organisers, press team, knows a band member...;.

You will find out if the person is a billy bullshitter when the line up gets released. 

This response makes me think it is The Libertines

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Surely that's a huge step down for The Libertines.

Or those festivals are trying to make a statement and take punters away from Reading and Leeds? Especially when there lineups are having more and more hip hop and less indie bands.

2 minutes ago, foolee said:

Or those festivals are trying to make a statement and take punters away from Reading and Leeds? Especially when there lineups are having more and more hip hop and less indie bands.

I get that but The Libs are massive for those festivals. They were chucking out Manics, Catfish, Kodlaline and Dizzee last year. I admit Y Not had Noel but he's the only one relative in size for me. Not sure why they would follow Noel G's route when they've already played above his level.