McCor

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, foolee said:

Where is this from? Doesn't look that legit. Would be a bit rubbish with so many lineups being announced recently and a bad move from Truck as I'm sure people will start going elsewhere that have announced.

Its from a oxford magazine called nightshift - they have good connections with truck so i would take their word for it

http://nightshiftmag.co.uk/2017/feb.pdf

45 minutes ago, juglando said:

Its from a oxford magazine called nightshift - they have good connections with truck so i would take their word for it

http://nightshiftmag.co.uk/2017/feb.pdf

Thanks, very annoying if true.

29 minutes ago, RedBalloon said:

Feb 6th, really quite frustrating how far away that is. they've really dropped the ball slightly there. 

i know it's petty but it just feels like we are getting none of the action concerning line up announcements.

very sad:(

I think it's just not that good marketing with lots of other festivals having announced bands already people will start to look/buy elsewhere. I could see a lot of people going for Kendal if they're up for travelling to festivals as it looks like a slightly bigger version of Truck. I wouldn't mind but all the 'soons/very soons' on social media are a bit much and not really true, they may as well just announce the date and drop hints for their lineup which would create more hype imo.

5 minutes ago, peruvianjoco said:

Apparently it's an 'Arena' band who has already been announced for 2017...

Based on that likely candidates look like: Stereophonics, Frank Turner, Franz Ferdinand & potentially Libertines/Alt J if they aren't considered too big...

Are Franz Ferdinand an 'Arena' band though? Think it points to Frank Turner, Alt-J or Two Door Cinema Club myself. With outside bets of Stereophonics or Libertines but I think those two are far too big, they'd sell the festival out alone with one of those two names. Hoping for Slaves, PABH and Feeder to be playing but my guess for headliners is Jake Bugg - Primal Scream - Frank Turner

I think we need to look further than those. Band's who have played the O2 arena/Wembley recently or otherwise -

Kaiser Chiefs, Craig David, TDCC, The Vaccines, The 1975, Bastille, Seasick Steve.

Out of them you'd pick 3 who are likely -

Kaiser Chiefs, TDCC, Bastille.

Craig David possibly. The Vaccines have lost their steam a little bit. The 1975 are set for latitude and seasick steve played wembley as a one off.