2017 headliner guesses

smogo

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Tom12 said:

I'm going with justice Thursday the xx Friday calvin Harris Saturday and Kendrick or some other rapper on the Sunday... other acts I would like to go are gaslight anthem- jauz- professor green

I doubt Bestival will get close to that strong this year. They can usually afford one expensive headliner and Calvin makes people pay. 

On 1/9/2017 at 3:25 PM, Will-2609 said:

With A Tribe Called Quest not being at Coachella or Primavera but being announced for Panorama today I guess they're just not going to be ready to tour by Coachella/Prima. Could be doing US mid-Summer and then come over here late Summer. I'd been struggling to think of a hip-hop headliner for Bestival so they'd obviously fit that.

LCD I can't really see doing any other festival in the UK now that they're ruled out of Latitude so it must be a decent chance.

Right now I think I'd probably go with alt-J, LCD Soundsystem and A Tribe Called Quest with Brian Wilson as Thursday headliner, unless the Brian Wilson info was specifically as a non-Thursday headliner? I feel like it probably was otherwise I'd have assumed that from the off.

Not a clue on that front. It was me who was given that info though, from somebody who has some sort of knowledge to these things...

5 minutes ago, rhg_99 said:

Jamiroquai? 

Not sure how much of a pull he'd be these days but would be a great fit for Bestival

Pretty anxious to see who's gonna end up topping this bill. What with the hip-hop headliner being an almost permanent fixture at the festival these days, I can't shake off it being A Tribe Called Quest this year, which would be ace. Something like The xx, A Tribe Called Quest and Jamiroquai would perk my interest for sure, although I feel it won't be that impressive (or at least what I perceive to be impressive) 

On ‎09‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 0:15 PM, smogo said:

Supposedly we're getting a pretty extensive first line-up announcement at the end of January, including all three main stage headliners. So, who do we reckon?

I think Justice and The xx are both near certainties. Maybe Kendrick Lamar for the third one? That's probably wishful thinking on my part though.

I've already booked Boomtown due to Bestival 2016 being a major let for me.

7 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Bri Wilson headlining Camp Bestival so guess there was crossed wires about headlining Bestival. Thas a shame.

That's an excellent headliner for Camp Bestival. I'm guessing if he's been booked for Camp Bestival then Bestival's headliners will be bigger/won't have been downsized so much like some thought which is a good sign

7 hours ago, dentalplan said:

^ this cocker has Floor posting spam. :lol:

Bri Wilson headlining Camp Bestival so guess there was crossed wires about headlining Bestival. Thas a shame.

Aye, my bad folks. Bestival/Camp Bestival, same site - easily done! Although, I think Underworld did both in 2015.

9 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

With Bri Bri out of the picture (as a main headliner, at least) I'll stick with my The xx, A Tribe Called Quest and Jamiroquai prediction (more confident about the first two than the latter, but he'd certainly fit the final night party headliner they tend to go for)

This, but maybe LCD Soundsystem instead of The xx. 

I still think xx will be at Latitude. 

Just now, The60ftOctopus said:

This, but maybe LCD Soundsystem instead of The xx. 

I still think xx will be at Latitude. 

Tbh the only reason I think The xx will end up at Bestival is that RDB never shuts up about their 2012 performance, but you may well be right. Definitely looking like one or the other for both The xx and LCD what with all/most other suitable festivals already having their headliners

So with Camp Bestival having a local farmers festival type of entertainment, does that bode well for Bestival?

i mean, it looks like they've spent about £500 on their entire lineup, does that mean they have saved their money for Bestival to try and make some sort of come back.

Or is CB/Bestival on its last legs?