2017 headliner guesses

smogo

14 minutes ago, Hawky said:

On paper, Seeing "Space Cowboy" and "Virtual insanity" live, whilst having a few drinks, has the potential  to be the highlight of my year.

Already going to be experiencing this at boardmasters this year. Can't wait!

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, foetus said:

Probably nothing but disclosure could maybe headline? Says they're doing a few 'special' things this year. 

IMG_4039.PNG

Would be a bit of a weak booking considering they've played pretty much every festival since the release of their last disappointing album which will be two years old come the time of the festival. Could happen I suppose, but I hope not

14 minutes ago, ghoulieanne said:

I really hope  the XX aren't headlining.... I just can't imagine it being very exciting.... they are so dreary.  Sorry to all those people who really like them.  I think all their songs sound the same .   So monotone.

You don't have to apologise for your personal tastes! Haha

I love them, but I'm unsure about them live... They could be awesome could imagine the light show being good and the performance being on point. However, there's the another side of the spectrum, they have no song that would get the crowd pumped, or that would create any kind of atmosphere. Strange one.

Id probably have to have a drink, and put on my dancing shoes to enjoy it, because they do have a few funky beats. 

47 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Justice (Thursday), Jamiroquai, A Tribe Called Quest, LCD Soundsystem/The xx/Bon Iver.

Although with the news they're going more indie maybe alt-J, The Libs or Morrissey.

I think ATCQ would be pretty weak considering their placing at Parklife, though I can definitely see them on the bill. 

Knowing RDB he'll pull something strange out the hat. 

3 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

The XX, Pet Shop Boys, Dizzee Rascal, Justice 

Heheh when I saw you were the last comment before mine I thought you'd beaten me to it. Cursed your name and everything. :P

When I saw it I assumed there was a headliner not listed or something. Pretty shite if not, to be frank.

No way. It had to be real bad for me to reconsider, and I'm reconsidering. 

The only way it can be saved, is if:  

1) that's not the lineup (Or its missing a headliner) 

2) very strong undercard 

3) Dizzee does "Boy in da corner"

Edited by Hawky

10 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Heheh when I saw you were the last comment before mine I thought you'd beaten me to it. Cursed your name and everything. :P

When I saw it I assumed there was a headliner not listed or something. Pretty shite if not, to be frank.

I was about to put Dizzee Rascal out there as an idea earlier but was put off by the 'less grimey' tweet and the fact he's a pretty a debatable headliner. Should've backed myself. Suits their Sunday night thing they'd had going for a while now. 

Pretty classic bestival top line that. Think it'll sell alright. Actually quite good for me as I could pissed and have a laugh at all four of those. 

Edited by MattDavies__

9 minutes ago, Hawky said:

2) very strong undercard 

It's all the headliners but I don't think it's the full announcement. 

Go crack a beer and put Actually on. You'll be back to buying a ticket in no time. 

1 minute ago, MattDavies__ said:

It's all the headliners but I don't think it's the full announcement. 

Go crack a beer and put Actually on. You'll be back to buying a ticket in no time. 

Tbh, I was expecting one of the headliners to make me go WOW! but that doesn't happen with these. 

No doubt tomorrow, when it sinks in I will still get a ticket but it just lacked that initial wow factor.  Don't get me wrong, Im a massive fan of The XX // Dizzee and Justice, and I would love to see Pet Shop Boys I could definitely have a few and enjoy my time there - it's just convincing my friend they would have fun too.

(Circa Waves / Rag n Bone man  are also mentioned)

3 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

I was about to put Dizzee Rascal out there as an idea earlier but was put off by the 'less grimey' tweet and the fact he's a pretty a debatable headliner. Should've backed myself. Suits their Sunday night thing they'd had going for a while now. 

Pretty classic bestival top line that. Think it'll sell alright. Actually quite good for me as I could pissed and have a laugh at all four of those. 

I dunno about it selling alright - The xx have got things going for them at the mo but Pet Shop Boys have been everywhere the past few years, Justice might have been a bit more interesting in 2016 whilst trailing the newie and Dizzee can't be much of a big seller nowadays. They could do with a fair few more surprises in store but I'd trust them to deliver so.

Headliners would be alright for me too I suppose because, even with his fowls since, Dizzee is the best rapper to ever come out of the UK and Justice are gr8. The xx can put in a shift too despite the crap new album and I can abide PSBoys. 

7 minutes ago, Hawky said:

2) very strong undercard 

3 would be a huge redemption. If anyone seriously wants to go listen to Bassline Junkie nowadays they oughta book 'emsels in for a lobotomy. I'm sure the undercard will be sufficient - usually is.