Frank carter and the rattlesnakes.....

waterfalls212434

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, battleborn said:

I'm watching it right now, it's here

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0557mwq/glastonbury-2017-frank-carter-and-the-rattlesnakes#group=p056kg71

Video quality seems a bit worse than the livestream though.

Shame they have cut out the whole section with 'who the fuck brings a stick into a moshpit!' the whole set was definitely an unexpected highlight for me.

5 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Absolutely bloody amazing set, I was a bit of a Gallows fan and was imagining this new stuff would be a bit soft and crap but this was BRILLIANT 

Yeah pretty much what I thought too. After the embarrassing couple of songs I'd heard from his previous band Pure Love I assumed that was his vibe now. Good to see he's gone back to his harder edge (along with learning to sing pretty damn well).

As with a fair few others I was in there because I wanted a spot for the Killers, but those lads ended up being one of the highlights of the weekend.

A charismatic, funny frontman and some properly enjoyable tunes. Really pleased they had a big crowd and obviously one quite a few people over. Shame the circle pit round the desk didn't really work but made for the funniest line of the weekend: "I saw them leave but didn't see them come back."

Been a huge fan of Frank Carter for ages and seen the Rattlesnakes three or four times but was looking forward to this more than anyone.

Was worried that the tent would be full of unappreciative Killers fans but loads of the crowd were singing along.Brilliant stuff.A highlight for me.

im sure he converted a few as most seemed to be enjoying it.

Was one of a very small group of people who didn't stick around for the Killers.Was near the front and,as you can imagine, it was hard work getting out.

Well done Frank, great show as always.

What this proves is, alongside Slaves, the Earache stage, Dropkicks, etc, that punk/metal has a place in Glastonbury and I hope that the decent crowds that these bands pulled in will ensure we have more of the same in future (don't forget, most of the crowd already had tickets before these bands were announced so it shows that these were current Glastonbury goers rather than people who got tickets when they found out a bit of punk/metal would be playing)

We did make it back in! The people sat outside were so not on board with what was going on though xD.

Absolutely phenomenal gig, I thought it was going to be good but he totally smashed it with the speeches and performance and the crowd were so up for it. That into the Killers was the best time I've ever had for non-headline sets at festivals. Glorious.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Must admit, only went to this to beat the inevitable crowds for The Killers (seemingly like most other people there unfortunately) and I've not listened to any of his stuff since Gallows, but I thought he was ace! Definitely gonna be checking out the albums now. Him getting people to circle pit outside of the tent was hilarious (although somewhat even more hilarious that none of them seemed to get back in, freeing tons of space for The Killers crowd (including me). 

Not the best playing to a crowd of people just waiting to see somebody else, but he sure put on a show and seemed to win over a few people.

100% . I listened to the stuff pre-Glastonbury and hated it.

went to watch him pre-killers and he totally won me over.

also the bit about female crowd surfing got me emotional. Especially when loads of girls went for it ! 

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Must admit, only went to this to beat the inevitable crowds for The Killers (seemingly like most other people there unfortunately) and I've not listened to any of his stuff since Gallows, but I thought he was ace! Definitely gonna be checking out the albums now. Him getting people to circle pit outside of the tent was hilarious (although somewhat even more hilarious that none of them seemed to get back in, freeing tons of space for The Killers crowd (including me). 

Not the best playing to a crowd of people just waiting to see somebody else, but he sure put on a show and seemed to win over a few people.

Sames bruv. Was in there for The Killers, never heard of yer man before, he walked out on stage and I tutted to my mate "this guy looks like a total bellend", I ate those words pretty fucking quickly. I'm in no rush to listen to the records or owt, but it was a brilliant show, and the guy is a real class act. Salt of the earth, I like him.

I was planning on seeing them anyway, before I knew about Killers, as I fancied a bit of a mosh/heavier, but the crowd was too big for that. But I really enjoyed them and prefered them to the Gallows. I think they won over the crowd and everyone enjoyed it.

Was always planning on seeing him, and he must have thought it was christmas with the killers on afterwards and having such a huge crowd.

the set was brilliant, amazing frontman , women crowd surfing was genius and thought provoking.  

Frank Carter into Killers was my favourite few hours ever at a festival I think 

I only went in for him, I'm no spring chicken either, didn't know the Killers were on either and left after Frank.

Knew nothing about him and thought it was brilliant 

I was at the barrier for The Killers but had intended to go see Frank anyway. Wasn't expecting to enjoy it as much as I did though, others around me said the same. Love surprises like that also the look on security faces when he said start the circle pit was priceless

4 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

I was at the barrier for The Killers but had intended to go see Frank anyway. Wasn't expecting to enjoy it as much as I did though, others around me said the same. Love surprises like that also the look on security faces when he said start the circle pit was priceless

I am of the same opinion of you, I was thinking of going anyway, but it turned out to be a highlight followed by another highlight! He really had the crowd going!

The obvious killers fan ruined it a bit for me, it was an awesome gig (but unlike some I was expecting it as seen them on their tour) but I was surrounded by people who even if they enjoyed it clearly didnt know the songs and werent moving much as a result, and because of the density of the crowd I couldnt even entertain trying to get near `the pit` area There was one girl and her bloke going utterly nuts a few feet away from me, me going nuts and the rest around us just being `meh` I didnt think it was possible to see an act as incendiary live as that and just do nothing but clap politely....come on guys its a bloody rock show not last night of the proms! I was at the barrier id have thought people going to the lengths it took to get right down the front in that crowd would have been fans of the band but nooooo all people politly waiting for mr fucking brightside it appeared!

Anyways all complaints of my own situation aside it was awesome to see them kicking ass and the reaction they got (from any area of the crowd but mine lol) it seemed.

Hardest thing was trying to get out of the tent after rattlesnakes set constantly trying to push past killers fans trying to stream in, that really wasnt fun as ive explained in another thread so I wont go into here(just damn lucky noone fell over as that would have been scary)....needless to say crowd control needs looking at next time around!

As for frank, I saw him many times when he was with gallows and I have to say, the guys an old school punk rock frontman, whats to be expected? if you piss him off hes gonna let you know about it (like the guy who squirted him with piss during this set and got the whole bottle thrown back in his face by frank and made fun of onstage.....thats karma dickhead!)  

Much respect to the guy though hes a good dude, although I knew it was coming as he does it with `modern ruin` every gig they play now, that bit about women crowdsurfing always goes down well and its so cool to see all the girls suddenly jump up and go nuts with big smiles on their faces in a total non threatening environment for a change-as a father of 2 young daughters his speech about treating women how youd want people to treat your daughters and how his own daughter changed his outlook on the world really resonates with me...much respect frank may this band finally bring you the success you deserve!

`edit` big up to the security as well they were friendly and dealing very well with the horde of crowdsurfers that suddenly came there way during modern ruin and others` couple of them were laughing at franks banter and during sets offering to take photos of the fans at the barrier for them etc handing out water whenever asked, all round good guys it seemed, which for security is great to see, the look on some of their faces when frank got the circle pit going was a sight to see think they were laughing about it as much as the fans-none of the `oh look a circle pit lets wade in and try and stop it` kind of thing.....refreshing!

Edited by waterfalls212434

On 27/06/2017 at 10:13 AM, waterfalls212434 said:

The obvious killers fan ruined it a bit for me, it was an awesome gig (but unlike some I was expecting it as seen them on their tour) but I was surrounded by people who even if they enjoyed it clearly didnt know the songs and werent moving much as a result, and because of the density of the crowd I couldnt even entertain trying to get near `the pit` area There was one girl and her bloke going utterly nuts a few feet away from me, me going nuts and the rest around us just being `meh` I didnt think it was possible to see an act as incendiary live as that and just do nothing but clap politely....come on guys its a bloody rock show not last night of the proms! I was at the barrier id have thought people going to the lengths it took to get right down the front in that crowd would have been fans of the band but nooooo all people politly waiting for mr fucking brightside it appeared!

Anyways all complaints of my own situation aside it was awesome to see them kicking ass and the reaction they got (from any area of the crowd but mine lol) it seemed.

Hardest thing was trying to get out of the tent after rattlesnakes set constantly trying to push past killers fans trying to stream in, that really wasnt fun as ive explained in another thread so I wont go into here(just damn lucky noone fell over as that would have been scary)....needless to say crowd control needs looking at next time around!

As for frank, I saw him many times when he was with gallows and I have to say, the guys an old school punk rock frontman, whats to be expected? if you piss him off hes gonna let you know about it (like the guy who squirted him with piss during this set and got the whole bottle thrown back in his face by frank and made fun of onstage.....thats karma dickhead!)  

Much respect to the guy though hes a good dude, although I knew it was coming as he does it with `modern ruin` every gig they play now, that bit about women crowdsurfing always goes down well and its so cool to see all the girls suddenly jump up and go nuts with big smiles on their faces in a total non threatening environment for a change-as a father of 2 young daughters his speech about treating women how youd want people to treat your daughters and how his own daughter changed his outlook on the world really resonates with me...much respect frank may this band finally bring you the success you deserve!

`edit` big up to the security as well they were friendly and dealing very well with the horde of crowdsurfers that suddenly came there way during modern ruin and others` couple of them were laughing at franks banter and during sets offering to take photos of the fans at the barrier for them etc handing out water whenever asked, all round good guys it seemed, which for security is great to see, the look on some of their faces when frank got the circle pit going was a sight to see think they were laughing about it as much as the fans-none of the `oh look a circle pit lets wade in and try and stop it` kind of thing.....refreshing!

Yeah, I was near the front and left before the Killers started.Wow, that was hard work.

Fair play tho, al lot of people kept telling me that Killers were the secret set afterwards in case I didn't know as I made my way through the crowd was heartwarming.

The tent was rammed inside and out and trying to go against the flow was near impossible, would probably have been easier to stay for the Killers, ha ha