• Public Service Broadcasting
    • Pete Seeger Band
    • Po'okela Street Band

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Have the lads off of Electronic done anything else worth investigating, musically?

Listen to the 1st 2 albums. The 3rd one sounds like some of the latter day shitty New Order guitar albums. Although it does feature this:

Saying that the 3rd Electronic album is better than the afore mentioned NO albums.

Like I said, the 1st 2 Electronic albums are good. With members of Joy Division/New Order, Pet Shop Boys, The Smiths and Kraftwerk, you would expect them to be good.

21 minutes ago, play it cool said:

I think the drummer went on to be in Black Grape. So no, not really.

20 minutes ago, eastynh said:

The bass player also went on to be in Doves.

Typical! You wait ages for one shit band to be mentioned, and then two come along at once!

I bloody love 'Left to my own devices'. Fabulous song. 

Pet Shop Boys are a tremendous band. One of my favourites. Saw them in December here, they've gone a bit 'rave nostalgia' for the new show, but they can still bring it. Last album has two absolute classics on it, Pop Kids and The Dictator Decides. There are few bands I have loved for as long as the Shoppies, an absolute constant in my life for over 30 years now. Always magnificent.

47 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Pet Shop Boys are a tremendous band. One of my favourites. Saw them in December here, they've gone a bit 'rave nostalgia' for the new show, but they can still bring it. Last album has two absolute classics on it, Pop Kids and The Dictator Decides. There are few bands I have loved for as long as the Shoppies, an absolute constant in my life for over 30 years now. Always magnificent.

That deserves an upvote.

52 minutes ago, Mardy said:

That deserves an upvote

The comment about them being one of the great singles bands of the 80s is very true, I think.  One of those acts who could combine a catchy tune with a wry turn of phrase that appealed to those of us who enjoy a good lyric.  As a 15 year old I was big fan, Please and Actually were great albums and while much of their mid career music passed the world by there was always the occasional corker in the mix.