• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

From memory, in Manchester we had:

20:00 - 20:30 Palace 
21:00- ??22:30?? - PSB

4 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

PSB were on from 21:00 to 22:30 last night, support was 20:00 to 20:30ish (apparently, I came in a bit late after only getting a ticket at 19:45 last night).

They were absolutely fantastic last night - best I've seen them. So glad I got my act together and got down there.

Cheers both! Good to hear. Palace any good for those that saw them?

5 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Yeah, they were pretty good.  I enjoyed the new album tracks more than on record, even if the real bangers were from the first two.

Cool! Did they mix it up a bit throughout the set then, rather than mainly doing the new album and then a few encores? Sorry for all the questions, could just go on setlist.fm... ;)

Very mixed up in Portsmouth last night - I'd imagine there set lists are quite stable sue to the production (which was incredible).

I agree about new song being even better than on record - the visuals add even more emotion to the audio. 

Edit: I wasn't really paying too much attention to the support when I did get in which I guess is kind of a review in itself. Very Coldplay inspired was all I can really say about it (in neither a particularly positive or negative way)

Edited by Tommy101

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

Cool! Did they mix it up a bit throughout the set then, rather than mainly doing the new album and then a few encores? Sorry for all the questions, could just go on setlist.fm... ;)

Yeah, quite a mix.  The second album seemed to get short shrift, at least it was a while before anything from it was played.   Although it might have seemed that way, since that's my favourite.  But all the big guns came out.  That's the good thing about a 90 minute set and only three albums - you don't tend to go away disappointed, unless you really wanted to hear that one about catching yourself thinking you'll do better next time, but you've had your go. Fairly profound song, as far as pop music goes, but doesn't exactly get the party started.

5 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Very mixed up in Portsmouth last night - I'd imagine there set lists are quite stable sue to the production (which was incredible).

I agree about new song being even better than on record - the visuals add even more emotion to the audio. 

Edit: I wasn't really paying too much attention to the support when I did get in which I guess is kind of a review in itself. Very Coldplay inspired was all I can really say about it (in neither a particularly positive or negative way)

If it's the same band, then you're selling Coldplay very short there.  And I don't like Coldplay much.

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Yeah, quite a mix.  The second album seemed to get short shrift, at least it was a while before anything from it was played.   Although it might have seemed that way, since that's my favourite.  But all the big guns came out.  That's the good thing about a 90 minute set and only three albums - you don't tend to go away disappointed, unless you really wanted to hear that one about catching yourself thinking you'll do better next time, but you've had your go. Fairly profound song, as far as pop music goes, but doesn't exactly get the party started.

Haha, I actually find that song quite a difficult listen as such a downer. I've been known to skip it!

Race for Space is probably my favourite too, unless you count The War Room.

7 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Haha, I actually find that song quite a difficult listen as such a downer. I've been known to skip it!

Race for Space is probably my favourite too, unless you count The War Room.

It's a real gut punch yeah, especially if you suddenly realise you're over halfway to death and wondering what on earth you've done with your life.

Apparently I said I wanted a ticket to tonight's gig in the pub before LCD at Ally Pally (I have no recollection), so am off to the Apollo tonight it transpires.

I don't like the new album - but looks like I'll have to go along and enjoy myself anyway. It's a tough world sometimes!

1 minute ago, Homer said:

Apparently I said I wanted a ticket to tonight's gig in the pub before LCD at Ally Pally (I have no recollection), so am off to the Apollo tonight it transpires.

I don't like the new album - but looks like I'll have to go along and enjoy myself anyway. It's a tough world sometimes!

Ha, you poor thing. Sure they'll play enough older stuff to keep you amused. And folks here seem to be saying the new stuff is better live.

The band have tweeted the stage times now - seems the same as the other gigs. Palace at 7:55, PSB at 9.

6 hours ago, picicata said:

Saw them at the Warwick Arts Centre last week - brilliant stuff and I also agree that the visuals certainly added to the new songs and grounded them more in the mind.

However, Palace were crap, all the charisma of a wet teabag.

Yep, I haven't heard anyone that monotone since Kimi Raikonnen!